From: Sandro Magi <smagi@naasking.homeip.net>
Subject: Re: creating own Image function
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:58:05 -0500
Date: 2005-01-15T18:58:05-05:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> I disagree. These are mostly extremely basic questions that the OP would
> not be asking if he'd looked at any text or worked through any tutorial.
> Given the number of texts and tutorials available on line through
> adapower.com and adaworld.com, I don't think it's a good idea to answer
> these questions, as it only encourages more. While I'm all for
> encouraging people to learn Ada, I'm not in favor of teaching it through
> posts and responses on c.l.a. I'm perfectly willing to answer questions
> from someone who's made the effort to learn the basics.

I disagree. I worked my way through many tutorials when learning Ada a few
months ago, and nowhere did I find a mention of custom attributes or and
functions like 'Image (I had to ask here). The answer was buried in the
Reference Manual, which someone here helpfully pointed out. The RM is not
something immediately recommended for newbies IMO; it's far too high a
barrier to entry.