* newbie: start other programs
@ 2001-12-28 18:36 alessandro gagliano
From: alessandro gagliano @ 2001-12-28 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,
' am a newbie,
I looking for a function that it allows me to start other programs,
like "tar" or "ls"
(i work on linux)
suggestions?
thanks.
a.

* Re: newbie: start other programs
@ 2001-12-29  5:48 ` Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2001-12-29  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:36:52 -0600, alessandro gagliano wrote:

> hello,
> ' am a newbie,
> I looking for a function that it allows me to start other programs,
> like "tar" or "ls"
> (i work on linux)
> suggestions?
> thanks.

I use GNAT.OS_Lib.Non_Blocking_Spawn for various things.  That may not
be exactly what you want, but look at GNAT.OS_Lib to see what's
available.  (You may want the blocking spawn.)

I assume you're using GNAT, of course.  Use the "locate" shell command
to find g-os_lib.ads, and then read the section of it on sub-processes.

Good luck,

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas