From: Optikos <ZUERCHER_Andreas@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Intermediate Representation
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 05:06:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2020-04-01T05:06:55-07:00	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:40:24 AM UTC-5, foo wong wrote:
> Hi everyone, my real name is not Foo, it is Patrick, just keeping Google off my trail.
>
> I have been using GnuCOBOL extensively since 2013. One thing that I love about it is that it compiles to intermediate C.
>
> If you write a program, you can compile it to this, run ctags on the runtime and the intermediate C and
> then hop around jumping from the C function calls generated into the runtime to see how they are
> actually implemented.
>
> I would like to do the same with Ada. Is there a way? Using readelf, I was able to get some clues and
> looking at the .ali files I had a few more clues but so far it does not seem to be the same thing.
>
> -Patrick

https://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~uday/courses/cs324-05/gccProjects/node4.html

gives some command-line options that you might find interesting.  Note that that webpage has a typo:  it misspells GIMPLE as SIMPLE in one place, but then goes on to spell it correctly in the command-line flag name.  GIMPLE is the AST primarily purposed for C/C++ to which Ada gets tree-transducer in GNAT.