* Ada learning resources
@ 2019-10-29  8:44 Bruce Axtens
From: Bruce Axtens @ 2019-10-29  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are lots of programming language learning resources on the net.
One I've been hanging around lately is Exercism <https://exercism.io>.

I'm a bit sad that there's no Ada track, there. Is there an Ada track
somewhere else that I can learn on?

It wouldn't take much to add one to Exercism as far as I can tell
<https://exercism.io/become-a-maintainer>, but I'm hardly the one to do it.

Bruce.

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-10-29  8:47 ` Bruce Axtens
From: Bruce Axtens @ 2019-10-29  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/29/2019 4:44 PM, Bruce Axtens wrote:
> There are lots of programming language learning resources on the net.
> One I've been hanging around lately is Exercism <https://exercism.io>.
>
> I'm a bit sad that there's no Ada track, there. Is there an Ada track
> somewhere else that I can learn on?
>
> It wouldn't take much to add one to Exercism as far as I can tell
> <https://exercism.io/become-a-maintainer>, but I'm hardly the one to do it.
>
> Bruce.

Hmmm ... RTFU (Read the friendly newsgroup) and see that someone's
talked about this before. Oh well .

Bruce.

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-10-29 21:52 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2019-10-29 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bruce Axtens" <snetxa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There are lots of programming language learning resources on the net. One
> I've been hanging around lately is Exercism <https://exercism.io>.
>
> I'm a bit sad that there's no Ada track, there. Is there an Ada track
> somewhere else that I can learn on?

There are a variety of Ada learning resources collected at
https://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/, in a variety of forms (books,
tutorials, wikis, etc.).

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-10-30 13:43 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2019-10-30 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Botton's LearnAdaNow.com is still up, and has a pretty good collection of links.

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-10-31  3:59 ` John Perry
From: John Perry @ 2019-10-31  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm a bit sad that there's no Ada track, there. Is there an Ada track
> somewhere else that I can learn on?

Have you tried learn.adacore.com ?

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-12-15  9:34   ` charlet
From: charlet @ 2019-12-15  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> There are a variety of Ada learning resources collected at
> https://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/, in a variety of forms (books,
> tutorials, wikis, etc.).

By the way Randy,

learn.adacore.com should have a more prominent place in this page, it is the most up to date and well maintained training material for Ada, and is really much more than a tutorial, it contains complete training courses. It should be the first link IMO, instead of the current first section which is now getting outdated ("This series of articles is an introduction to Ada 95. The content is in the process of being updated to reflect the revisions introduced in Ada 2005 and the revisions currently underway for Ada 2012. But this is still an excellent introduction into the core technical features and benefits of Ada." isn't really the best advocate for recent training Ada material).

Arno

* Re: Ada learning resources
@ 2019-12-18 18:47 ` mario.blunk.gplus
From: mario.blunk.gplus @ 2019-12-18 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 9:44:43 AM UTC+1, Bruce Axtens wrote:
> There are lots of programming language learning resources on the net.
> One I've been hanging around lately is Exercism <https://exercism.io>.
>
> I'm a bit sad that there's no Ada track, there. Is there an Ada track
> somewhere else that I can learn on?
>
> It wouldn't take much to add one to Exercism as far as I can tell
> <https://exercism.io/become-a-maintainer>, but I'm hardly the one to do it.
>
> Bruce.

Over the years I have put together lots of simple demo programs. The collection is growing. Perhaps it helps to understand Ada step by step. Your feedback is highly welcome.
https://github.com/Blunk-electronic/ada_training