* Gtk / GtkAda question (TextBuffer insertion)
@ 2020-04-11 13:34 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2020-04-11 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do have Program that writes into a GtkTextBuffer. Most of the time
this writing is straight forward line by line but at the end I have a
set of lines that must be inserted at a well defined point.

I can coming along that point Safe the Iter there or do an Add_mark My
problem is how do I put the cursor afterwards back to that position just
to insert the lines lateron

L. Dries

* Re: Gtk / GtkAda question (TextBuffer insertion)
@ 2020-04-14  6:37 ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2020-04-14  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I can coming along that point Safe the Iter there or do an Add_mark My
> problem is how do I put the cursor afterwards back to that position just
> to insert the lines lateron

If I remember right, you would set a Gtk_Text_Mark at the position of the cursor, then do the inserts. The mark will remain at the same position automatically. So you can now set the cursor back to where the mark is, and delete the mark

Emmanuel

* Re: Gtk / GtkAda question (TextBuffer insertion)
@ 2020-04-14  6:57   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2020-04-14  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: briot.emmanuel

Op 14-4-2020 om 8:37 schreef briot.emmanuel@gmail.com:
>> I can coming along that point Safe the Iter there or do an Add_mark My
>> problem is how do I put the cursor afterwards back to that position just
>> to insert the lines lateron
> If I remember right, you would set a Gtk_Text_Mark at the position of the cursor, then do the inserts. The mark will remain at the same position automatically. So you can now set the cursor back to where the mark is, and delete the mark
>
> Emmanuel
That seems logical, but I was searching for the routine the sets the
cursor at the mark.

But at the moment I have rwritten the program, also for other reasons,
to avoid the problem

* Re: Gtk / GtkAda question (TextBuffer insertion)
@ 2020-04-15  7:27     ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2020-04-15  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That seems logical, but I was searching for the routine the sets the
> cursor at the mark.

For reference,

This seems to be `Gtk.Text_Buffer.Create_Mark` (which creates a new mark
at the position of a given Gtk_Text_Iter).
To delete the mark, you would use `Mark.Unref` (or `Glib.Object.Unref (Mark)`)

To get the position of the cursor, you would use `Gtk.Text_Buffer.Get_Insert`

And finally to convert from a mark back to an iter you would use `Gtk.Text_Buffer.Get_Iter_At_Mark`