From: Jerry <list_email@icloud.com>
Subject: GNAT Speed Comparison on Older Intel versus Apple Silicon M1
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 20:07:32 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

I use GNAT on a late 2008 MacBook Pro with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo for heavy numerical computing. It is not uncommon for my programs to run several minutes to several hours. Does anyone have a feel for how much speed increase I would see using GNAT on an Apple Silicon M1 PowerBook Pro? My main curiosity is single-core runs since GNAT does not parallelize; I am aware that I can run multiple programs simultaneously on multiple cores.

Jerry