* Gnat 3.07 undefined reference?
@ 1996-11-20  0:00 Nigel J. Tracey
From: Nigel J. Tracey @ 1996-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to compile the gnatf tool for linux using
the gnat 3.07 source and gcc 2.7.2.1. I have followed
the instructions in the various files from gnat and
gcc and all compiles fine until the linking stage when
I get the error

a-raise.o: In function `__gnat_raise_nodefer_with_msg'
/usr/src/gcc-2.7.2.1/ada/a-raise.c:104:
			undefined reference to `__builtin_longjmp'

I really want to be able to use the gnat front-end to
build the AST and perform the semantic checks and
I then want to be able to use the decorated AST
to walk around it to extract various type and
parameter information for a automatic Ada test-case
data generation tool I'm working on. I thought
I would start simple and compile the gnatf tool
as this must use all the source that I will require.
But I can't get it to compile. Any help as to why
this reference is undefined would be a great help.

Thanks for any help
(Please CC replies to njt@minster.york.ac.uk - as our
news server is not very reliable here).

Nigel

--------------------
Nigel J. Tracey MEng, Research Associate (High Integrity Systems Group).
Department of Computer Science,   Office: X/D016
University of York,               Tel   : [0|+44]1904 432769
York, England.                    E-Mail: njt@minster.york.ac.uk
YO1 5DD.                          URL   : http://sv1pc161.cs.york.ac.uk/~njt

* Re: Gnat 3.07 undefined reference?
@ 1996-11-21  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-11-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

iNigel says

"I am trying to compile the gnatf tool for linux using
the gnat 3.07 source and gcc 2.7.2.1. I have followed
the instructions in the various files from gnat and
gcc and all compiles fine until the linking stage when
I get the error"

no, you didn't (follow the instructions). You used the wrong C compiler
to compile the sources!

* Re: Gnat 3.07 undefined reference?
@ 1996-11-28  0:00   ` Rolf Ebert
From: Rolf Ebert @ 1996-11-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

RD = dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

> iNigel says

> "I am trying to compile the gnatf tool for linux using
> the gnat 3.07 source and gcc 2.7.2.1. I have followed
> the instructions in the various files from gnat and
> gcc and all compiles fine until the linking stage when
> I get the error"

RD> no, you didn't (follow the instructions). You used the wrong C compiler
RD> to compile the sources!

I don't have the (3.07) sources here, but as far as I remember gnatf
does not contain any C (except the generated main program).

The probelm is the C compiler and the installed headers for the libc
which were used to compile the runtime, especially a-misc.c and
a-raise.c.  They do not match the libc Negel uses.

I can definitely say that the  binary for linux on cs.ny.edu did not
follow the instructions. At least the binary and the included
README.linux do not match.

        Rolf