* Re: Lockheed Martin delivers Dewar?
@ 1996-11-22  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken quoted a press release

"       LOCKHEED MARTIN DELIVERS GRAVITY PROBE-B DEWAR
                   TO STANFORD UNIVERSITY"

This of course is a reference to Professor Dewar who invented the thermos
flask. No relation :-) He was a clever chap, but annoyed people with his
extreme attention to secrecy. A little rhyme exists referring to this

  Professor Dewar
  Is Cleverer than You Are
  None of you Asses
  Can Liquify Gasses

:-)

Well, whatever other complaints people might have, I hardly think that
people can decide that my work on Ada is kept secret :-) :-)

* Lockheed Martin delivers Dewar?
@ 1996-11-22  0:00 Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1996-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excerpt from actual Lockheed Martin press release...

       LOCKHEED MARTIN DELIVERS GRAVITY PROBE-B DEWAR
                   TO STANFORD UNIVERSITY

      PALO  ALTO,  California,  November  18,  1996  --  The
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center has delivered the
first  major piece of Gravity Probe-B (GP-B) flight hardware
to  Stanford  University.   The  dewar,  a  massive  thermos
bottle, and the key structural component around which the GP-
B   spacecraft  will  be  built,  will  house  the  delicate
experimental  apparatus  that will  attempt  to  verify  two
extraordinary   and   unverified   predictions   of   Albert
Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For more info, see http://www.lmtas.com or http://www.lmco.com

* Re: Lockheed Martin delivers Dewar?
@ 1996-11-24  0:00 Sam Harbaugh: Palm Bay, Florida
From: Sam Harbaugh: Palm Bay, Florida @ 1996-11-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@LMTAS.LMCO.COM> wrote:
>   ... will  attempt  to  verify  two
>extraordinary   and   unverified   predictions   of   Albert
>Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

And what might they be?

sam harbaugh, Palm Bay, Florida