From: Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: recommended blog sites/software?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 23:32:35 +0300
Date: 2020-05-24T23:32:35+03:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

DrPi wrote on 23.5.2020 11.19:
> Le 22/05/2020 à 20:25, Stephen Leake a écrit :
>> I'm thinking of starting a blog about my work with Ada and Emacs. What sites/software do you recommend?
>>
>> I have a website hosted on hostmonster; I have not looked into their blog offerings yet. I'd be willing to move to a different host.
>>
> On my side, I use a static blog generator : Pelican (blog.getpelican.com)
> Articles are text files written in reStructuredText or Markdown format.
> This way,  you can use your prefered text editor.
> A WEB server serves html/css files generated by Pelican. I use nginx but
> of course you can use the one you want.
> Once Pelican configuration is done, writting new articles is easy.

I also use Pelican for my Ada themed blogs.

The configuration and content are version controlled at
https://hg.sr.ht/~tkoskine/ada-tips/
and https://hg.sr.ht/~tkoskine/arduino-blog/

The sites themselves are at
  https://ada.tips/
  and http://arduino.ada-language.com/
  [1]

My sites are self-hosted on a Linux based virtual server, but as the
content is static, any hosting / cloud service would work fine.

> Nicolas
>
>> -- Stephe

-Tero

[1] For some reason my Arduino blog doesn't have https enabled at the
moment, probably some configuration issue at www server...