* Thanks
@ 1987-06-05  9:29 A-PIRARD
From: A-PIRARD @ 1987-06-05  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I received so many answers to my IBM 370 VM/CMS query it is easier
to thank through the net.
Ada people are nice people...
Greetings from Belgium.

* Thanks
@ 2002-04-01 15:13 ` Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2002-04-01 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,
thanks for all your answers. They help me a lot. Great!

Yours Henrik

* thanks
@ 2004-01-09 10:27       ` Riccardo
From: Riccardo @ 2004-01-09 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to everybody!
I'll consider all these considerations in arranging a new solution.

Riccardo

* Re: thanks
@ 2004-01-09 13:58         ` Robert Spooner
From: Robert Spooner @ 2004-01-09 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Riccardo,

If you want to use TCP/IP but make it look like a (reliable) UDP/IP
protocol at a higher level, one way to do it is to layer a record
structure on top of TCP that sends size in bytes as a fixed length
preamble of every message. You read the size, and then loop until you
have read the correct number of bytes for the entire message.

Another way to do it is by using streams.

Regards,
Bob

--
                             Robert L. Spooner
                      Registered Professional Engineer

          Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
          The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7841
          P. O. Box 30
          State College, PA 16804-0030       rls19@psu.edu

* Thanks
@ 2004-09-19 16:51 Gwynnnn
From: Gwynnnn @ 2004-09-19 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    Thanks for your help.

     I have now figured out how to get it to recognise more than one
directory  (separated by spaces) but I cannot yet figure out how to get it
to recognise directory names with spaces in them. Is it possible?

     Best wishes

     Gwynnnn

* Re: Thanks
@ 2004-09-19 17:30 ` stephane richard
From: stephane richard @ 2004-09-19 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Only trick I can suggest for that is perhaps to try putting the path in
quotes?

such as:

"c:\Program Files\unitfiles.ads"

no garantees, it's a trick I use for command line parameters for windows
apps...might not work in your case :-).

Stephane Richard
"Ada World" webmaster
http://www.adaworld.com

"Gwynnnn" <gwynn@lions-pride.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    Thanks for your help.
>
>     I have now figured out how to get it to recognise more than one
> directory  (separated by spaces) but I cannot yet figure out how to get it
> to recognise directory names with spaces in them. Is it possible?
>
>     Best wishes
>
>     Gwynnnn

* Re: Thanks
@ 2004-09-19 18:00 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2004-09-19 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gwynnnn wrote:

>      I have now figured out how to get it to recognise more than one
> directory  (separated by spaces) but I cannot yet figure out how to get it
> to recognise directory names with spaces in them. Is it possible?

You can enclose them in quotes, or you can use the DOS 8.3 name.

"I was hobbling along, minding my own business, all of a
sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with
a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone! Not so much as a
'by your leave!' You're cured, mate. Bloody do-gooder!"
Monty Python's Life of Brian