* Help With (raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : main.adb:19 length check failed)
@ 2010-12-20  2:34 Farhad
From: Farhad @ 2010-12-20  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone

I am just trying to use, Double_Linked_List in Ada 2005 and every
thing is fine when I compile

but when I try to run the program I get a CONSTRAINT_ERROR

I HAVE A LOOP WHICH ADDS FIVE ELEMENTS TO THE LINKED LIST AND PRINTS
THE DETAILS ABOUT EACH ELEMENT WHICH WAS ADDED IN THE LINKED LIST.

could anyone help me to get this problem solved

thnx
Farhad

* Re: Help With (raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : main.adb:19 length check failed)
@ 2010-12-20  3:10 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2010-12-20  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/19/2010 07:34 PM, Farhad wrote:

> but when I try to run the program I get a CONSTRAINT_ERROR
>
> I HAVE A LOOP WHICH ADDS FIVE ELEMENTS TO THE LINKED LIST AND PRINTS
> THE DETAILS ABOUT EACH ELEMENT WHICH WAS ADDED IN THE LINKED LIST.
>
> could anyone help me to get this problem solved

NOT WITHOUT MORE DETAIL.

 From the message "length check failed" I'd guess you're assigning to an array
object with a value of a different length.

"C's solution to this [variable-sized array parameters] has real
problems, and people who are complaining about safety definitely
have a point."
Dennis Ritchie