* ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-21 22:43 Diogenes
From: Diogenes @ 2013-05-21 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are there any Open Source ASN.1 to Ada compilers out there?

Or do I need to do the odious task myself?

Thanks for any pointers.

* Re: ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-22  7:38 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2013-05-22  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 May 2013 15:43:30 -0700 (PDT), Diogenes wrote:

> Are there any Open Source ASN.1 to Ada compilers out there?
>
> Or do I need to do the odious task myself?

I understand your pain, I had to go through it myself in several cases.

Do you need to implement some concrete protocol described in this mess?

* Re: ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-22  8:03 ` Stefan.Lucks
From: Stefan.Lucks @ 2013-05-22  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Diogenes wrote:

> Are there any Open Source ASN.1 to Ada compilers out there?

How much time do you have?

Some fellow researchers and students of mine are working at such a
compiler. The focus is on the DER encoding rules, and especially all what
you need to support X.509.

The plan is submit a first open source release to GitHub (or maybe
SourceForge, we'll see) in about two months.

------  I  love  the  taste  of  Cryptanalysis  in  the morning!  ------
     <http://www.uni-weimar.de/cms/medien/mediensicherheit/home.html>
--Stefan.Lucks (at) uni-weimar.de, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany--

* Re: ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-22 14:29 ` Diogenes
From: Diogenes @ 2013-05-22 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I was primarily looking at doing a sort of modernized "Gopher" like protocol over top of I2P. (www.i2p2.de)

Doing a Semantic Web system using PER and a Distributed Cache/Filesystem. Maybe using RDF on top.

I figure by using PER which is much more compact and a Content only system, it should run much faster than the current leader of the pack.(Freenet).

Could even add I2P to PolyORB at some point.

Speaking of which, has anyone thought of adding support for one of these anonymous networks (Tor, Freenet, I2P, etc...) to PolyORB or some other DSA implementation?

* Re: ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-22 14:36   ` Diogenes
From: Diogenes @ 2013-05-22 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:03:24 AM UTC-4, Stefan...@uni-weimar.de wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2013, Diogenes wrote:
>

> > Are there any Open Source ASN.1 to Ada compilers out there?
>

> How much time do you have?
>

> Some fellow researchers and students of mine are working at such a
>
> compiler. The focus is on the DER encoding rules, and especially all what
>
> you need to support X.509.
>

> The plan is submit a first open source release to GitHub (or maybe
>
> SourceForge, we'll see) in about two months.

Sounds like you and I, while not exactly on the same page, are definitely in the same chapter.

Unfortunately, I work TWO day jobs, which doesn't leave me much time.

However, it would be nice to see how well that research pans out in practical use. Check out https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs and http://www.i2p2.de/ ; those look like their right in your ballpark.

I would certainly be interested in Beta Testing.

Good luck!

* Re: ASN.1 to Ada?
@ 2013-05-22 20:31 ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2013-05-22 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22/05/13 00:43, Diogenes wrote:
> Are there any Open Source ASN.1 to Ada compilers out there?
>
> Or do I need to do the odious task myself?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

Have you looked at this? It seems to meet your requirements, but I
haven't used it myself:

http://taste.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=ASN.1_generators