* Estimating OO Development Efforts
@ 1993-04-18  1:20 Ronald C. Schultz
From: Ronald C. Schultz @ 1993-04-18  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone have any specific criteria or rules they use to estimate
object-oriented development efforts? For instance, how do you factor
for the following:
o	Identifying sources of requirements
o	Identifying non-functional requirements (performance, reliability,...)
o	Characterising sources of requirements
o	Characterizing requirements
o	Identifying candidate objects
o	Constructing object-oriented models of the problem
o	Constructing object-oriented models of the candidate solutions
o	Relocalizing requirements information around objects
o	Creating object and class specifications
o	Selecting class specifications from a reusability library
o	Quality assuring, verifying, and validating object and class
	specifications
o	Constructing the object-oriented requirements specification
o	Presenting the requirements specification for review
o	Identifying design objects
o	.... list to be continued depending upon your methodology

Any input would be appreciated.

Ronald C. Schultz                               | Phone: (301) 417-9884
Berard Software Engineering, Inc.               | FAX:   (301) 417-0021
101 Lake Forest Blvd., Suite 360                | E-Mail: ron@bse.com
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877                    |

* Re: Estimating OO Development Efforts
@ 1993-04-21 19:28 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu!csc.ti.com!tilde.csc.ti.com!m2.dseg.ti.com!lagrone
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu!csc.ti.com!tilde.csc.ti.com!m2.dseg.ti.com!lagrone @ 1993-04-21 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <D2150022.vc9970@ron.bse.com> ron@bse.com (Ronald C. Schultz) writes
:
>Does anyone have any specific criteria or rules they use to estimate
>object-oriented development efforts? For instance, how do you factor
>for the following:
>o      Identifying sources of requirements
>o      Identifying non-functional requirements (performance, reliability,...)
>o      Characterising sources of requirements
>o      Characterizing requirements
>o      Identifying candidate objects
>o      Constructing object-oriented models of the problem
>o      Constructing object-oriented models of the candidate solutions
>o      Relocalizing requirements information around objects
>o      Creating object and class specifications
>o      Selecting class specifications from a reusability library
>o      Quality assuring, verifying, and validating object and class
>       specifications
>o      Constructing the object-oriented requirements specification
>o      Presenting the requirements specification for review
>o      Identifying design objects
>o      .... list to be continued depending upon your methodology

>Any input would be appreciated.

>Ronald C. Schultz                               | Phone: (301) 417-9884
>Berard Software Engineering, Inc.               | FAX:   (301) 417-0021
>101 Lake Forest Blvd., Suite 360                | E-Mail: ron@bse.com
>Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877                    |

  Ron:
    Are you working on a replacement for COCOMO?  <grin>

				...David

=
David LaGrone		    | All comments, opinions and inquiries are my own.
Texas Instruments	    | They are NOT to be attributed to Texas Instru-
P. O. Box 650311 M/S 3928   | ments, Inc., or any other employees or agents.
Dallas, Texas 75065-0311    |
(214) 917-1908 fax 917-7519 | Does this satisfactorily exclude everyone but me?
lagrone@dseg.ti.com	    |
=