* is there any sample code for detecting key strokes while writing to a .txt file?
@ 2014-07-09 13:13 torralbaduran
From: torralbaduran @ 2014-07-09 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm having problems writing to a file while
the user inputs data from the keyboard.

Is there any sample code so I ca check it out?

Thank you very much

Angel

* Re: is there any sample code for detecting key strokes while writing to a .txt file?
@ 2014-07-09 13:33 ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2014-07-09 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 09/07/2014 15:13, torralbaduran@gmail.com a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm having problems writing to a file while
> the user inputs data from the keyboard.
>
> Is there any sample code so I ca check it out?

We certainly need more info about what you are trying to achieve in
order to help you.

However, as a wild guess, note that the only way to achieve non-blocking
read is by using get_immediate; all other input procedures (like any
procedure call for that matter) are not exited until terminated;
therefore, if you use Get_Line, your program will not proceed until the
user has entered a line.

Simultaneous execution may be obtained by using multiple tasks, but the
behaviour of IOs from multiple tasks is system-dependent.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog