* How to convert a C "char *" value to Ada string?
@ 2014-07-21 23:44 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-07-21 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

How to convert a C "char *" value to Ada string?

There is

   function To_Ada (Item     : in char_array;
                    Trim_Nul : in Boolean := True)
      return String;

in package Interfaces.C, but it receives an array not a pointer (= access).

So I don't understand how to do this simple thing.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: How to convert a C "char *" value to Ada string?
@ 2014-07-22  0:19 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2014-07-22  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> How to convert a C "char *" value to Ada string?
>
> There is
>
>    function To_Ada (Item     : in char_array;
>                     Trim_Nul : in Boolean := True)
>       return String;
>
> in package Interfaces.C, but it receives an array not a pointer (=
> access).
>
> So I don't understand how to do this simple thing.

Oh, Interfaces.C.Strings.

--

@ 2014-07-22  0:28 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2014-07-22  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Victor Porton" <porton@narod.ru> wrote in message
> How to convert a C "char *" value to Ada string?
>
> There is
>
>   function To_Ada (Item     : in char_array;
>                    Trim_Nul : in Boolean := True)
>      return String;
>
> in package Interfaces.C, but it receives an array not a pointer (=
> access).
>
> So I don't understand how to do this simple thing.

You didn't look far enough in the RM. Look at Interfaces.C.Strings and/or
Interfaces.C.Pointers (B.3.1 and B.3.2, respectively). You probably want
Interfaces.C.Strings.