* ... !! GPS
@ 2021-01-29 16:15 Mehdi Saada
From: Mehdi Saada @ 2021-01-29 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wish gps weird unintuitive behavior would not add a source of irritation to my already existing difficulties.
This:
with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Main is begin
   Put_Line("essai factoriels: de 1 à 5");
end Main;

results in:
/bin/sh -c /home/mehdi/obj/main
[2021-01-29 17:08:00] process terminated successfully, elapsed time: 00.25s

What the Ѐßß is that ? it ran on other exercises, then would not, so with a minimal program... it fails too.

project Default is
    for Source_Dirs use ("src");
    for Object_Dir use "obj";
    for Main use ("main.adb");
end Default;

it always uses "src" which includes the files from other projects/exos. So they appear on the project... !

Thanks for putting up with this...
Is there a simple compiler which still corrects for semantics ?

* Re: ... !! GPS
@ 2021-01-29 16:40 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2021-01-29 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2021-01-29 17:15, Mehdi Saada wrote:

> What the Ѐßß is that ? it ran on other exercises, then would not, so with a minimal program... it fails too.
>
> project Default is
>      for Source_Dirs use ("src");

    for Source_Files use ("main.adb"); -- Why do I stuff everything
                                       -- in one directory?
    for Exec_Dir use "obj"; -- Remind me, why do I want executable
                            -- in the objects directory?

>      for Object_Dir use "obj";
>      for Main use ("main.adb");
> end Default;
>
> it always uses "src" which includes the files from other projects/exos. So they appear on the project... !
>
> Thanks for putting up with this...
> Is there a simple compiler which still corrects for semantics ?

P.S. When nothing else helps, as the last resort, of course, consider
reading the manual. (:-))

https://docs.adacore.com/gprbuild-docs/html/gprbuild_ug/gnat_project_manager.html

* Re: ... !! GPS
@ 2021-01-29 18:39 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2021-01-29 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com> writes:

> I wish gps weird unintuitive behavior would not add a source of
> irritation to my already existing difficulties.
> This:
> with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
> procedure Main is begin
>    Put_Line("essai factoriels: de 1 à 5");
> end Main;
>
> results in:
> /bin/sh -c /home/mehdi/obj/main
> [2021-01-29 17:08:00] process terminated successfully, elapsed time: 00.25s

Did you choose "run in an external terminal"? Try not checking that box

> project Default is
>     for Source_Dirs use ("src");
>     for Object_Dir use "obj";
>     for Main use ("main.adb");
> end Default;
>
> it always uses "src" which includes the files from other
> projects/exos. So they appear on the project... !

I suggest you use a different top level directory for each project:

~/project1/...
~/project2/...

Also, I find
   for Exec_Dir use ".";
helpful

> Is there a simple compiler which still corrects for semantics ?

DWIM considered dangerous! Wikipedia:

   "DWIM (do what I mean) computer systems attempt to anticipate what
   users intend to do, correcting trivial errors automatically rather
   than blindly executing users' explicit but potentially incorrect
   input."