* Documentation Generation Problems
@ 2013-10-14 11:59 kennethesills
From: kennethesills @ 2013-10-14 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've always had a problem with the autodoc tool in GPS, and now it's come to the point I actually can't generate *any* documentation with it at all.

Whenever I attempt to do so, I get the "warning: cross reference for file <x> are not up-to-date. Documentation not generated." error for *every single file* in my project.

Furthermore, I've gone about adding the -k and -gnatQ options, cleaning, manually emptying the obj & doc directories, compiling & generating for a single file, etc. No matter how I go about it, I get the same thing.

And when I disable documentation for only up-to-date files, it gives no output other than "launching firefox to view" and "documentation generated successfully", both of which are lies, since it neither generates any new documentation, or opens firefox.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this huge problem?

* Re: Documentation Generation Problems
@ 2013-10-15  2:44 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2013-10-15  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, October 14, 2013 5:59:26 AM UTC-6, kennet...@gmail.com wrote:

> Anyone have an idea how to fix this huge problem?

Uninstall/reinstall?
If that doesn't work: FDISK / FORMAT / reinstall OS.

(It actually sounds like it could be a problem concerning paths and, perhaps, "incidental" files like the ALI files, but then you're trying those.)

* Re: Documentation Generation Problems
@ 2013-11-30  7:40   ` fritzeflink
From: fritzeflink @ 2013-11-30  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, October 14, 2013 7:44:33 PM UTC-7, Shark8 wrote:
> On Monday, October 14, 2013 5:59:26 AM UTC-6, kennet...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Anyone have an idea how to fix this huge problem?
>

> Uninstall/reinstall?
>
> If that doesn't work: FDISK / FORMAT / reinstall OS.
>

> (It actually sounds like it could be a problem concerning paths and, perhaps, "incidental" files like the ALI files, but then you're trying those.)

That's most likely not the case. I just ran into the same problem. I too have no idea how to fix it, but reinstalling anything, let alone the OS, is not an answer.

* Re: Documentation Generation Problems
@ 2013-11-30 17:27     ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-11-30 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

fritzeflink@ymail.com writes:

> On Monday, October 14, 2013 7:44:33 PM UTC-7, Shark8 wrote:
>> On Monday, October 14, 2013 5:59:26 AM UTC-6, kennet...@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>> > Anyone have an idea how to fix this huge problem?
>>

>> Uninstall/reinstall?
>>
>> If that doesn't work: FDISK / FORMAT / reinstall OS.
>>

>> (It actually sounds like it could be a problem concerning paths and,
>> perhaps, "incidental" files like the ALI files, but then you're
>> trying those.)
>

> That's most likely not the case. I just ran into the same problem. I
> too have no idea how to fix it, but reinstalling anything, let alone
> the OS, is not an answer.

Might be worth deleting (or renaming, in case this isn't the problem)