* Ada-python
@ 2005-01-12  8:08 Matteo Bertini
From: Matteo Bertini @ 2005-01-12  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!
I'm studing the possibility of an inter-language UnitTestnig interfacing
Python with Ada but I have found some problem.

I was using 3.15p and it was OK, I have succesfully used an Adlrer32 Ada
procedure from python, but this version is not compatible with NPTL
threading...

So I switched to 3.43 (gnat with gcc 3.4.3) and, with treading going OK,
I have this error importing the python module:

import zlib, ada_adler32
ImportError: ada_adler32.so: undefined symbol: _Unwind_Resume

Some suggestion?

Thanks,
Matteo Bertini
on Gentoo Linux

* Re: Ada-python
@ 2005-01-12 12:15 ` Jeff C
From: Jeff C @ 2005-01-12 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Matteo Bertini" <matteob@naufraghi.net> wrote in message
> Hello!
> I'm studing the possibility of an inter-language UnitTestnig interfacing
> Python with Ada but I have found some problem.
>
> I was using 3.15p and it was OK, I have succesfully used an Adlrer32 Ada
> procedure from python, but this version is not compatible with NPTL
> threading...
>
> So I switched to 3.43 (gnat with gcc 3.4.3) and, with treading going OK, I
> have this error importing the python module:
>
> import zlib, ada_adler32
> ImportError: ada_adler32.so: undefined symbol: _Unwind_Resume
>
> Some suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Matteo Bertini
> on Gentoo Linux

<guess>
Try grepping and/or nm'ing around in the various compiler libraries from
GCC. Perhaps the newer gcc
builds pieces in a shared library runtime file that you are not including.
</guess>