* ANN: GnatDroid for Android-x86
@ 2015-11-30 11:28 jrmarino
From: jrmarino @ 2015-11-30 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

The GNAT-to-Android/ARM cross-compiler known as GnatDroid-ARMv7 has been available on FreeBSD and DragonFly since even before it was officially supported in GCC.

I've produced a second cross-compiler, GnatDroid-x86 which targets the 32-bit Android/x86 platform.  The nice thing about Android/x86 is that it can be installed on a virtual machine like VirtualBox, so it can be easier to test programs without actual hardward that GnatDroid-ARMv7.

GnatDroid is only available on FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD, although somebody could replicate the effort for other platforms if so desired:
http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatdroid-x86

-- John (http://www.dragonlace.net/)

* Re: ANN: GnatDroid for Android-x86
@ 2015-11-30 11:30 ` jrmarino
From: jrmarino @ 2015-11-30 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to mention:  As far as I know, the official GCC (not even the upcoming GCC6) does not provide Android-x86 support.  I had to patch GCC to support it, so GnatDroid-x86 should be unique.

* Re: ANN: GnatDroid for Android-x86
@ 2015-11-30 20:15   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2015-11-30 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le lundi 30 novembre 2015 à 03:30 -0800, jrmarino a écrit :
> I forgot to mention:  As far as I know, the official GCC (not even
> the upcoming GCC6) does not provide Android-x86 support.  I had to
> patch GCC to support it, so GnatDroid-x86 should be unique.

Congrats!

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

* Re: ANN: GnatDroid for Android-x86
@ 2015-12-01  8:23 ` Sylvain Laperche
From: Sylvain Laperche @ 2015-12-01  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-11-30, jrmarino <dragonlace.cla@marino.st> wrote:
> The GNAT-to-Android/ARM cross-compiler known as GnatDroid-ARMv7 has been
> available on FreeBSD and DragonFly since even before it was officially
> supported in GCC.
>
> I've produced a second cross-compiler, GnatDroid-x86 which targets the 32-bit
> Android/x86 platform.  The nice thing about Android/x86 is that it can be
> installed on a virtual machine like VirtualBox, so it can be easier to test
> programs without actual hardward that GnatDroid-ARMv7.
>
> GnatDroid is only available on FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD, although somebody
> could replicate the effort for other platforms if so desired:
> http://www.freshports.org/lang/gnatdroid-x86
>
> -- John (http://www.dragonlace.net/)

Thanks for your work.