From: "John B. Matthews" <nospam@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: IDE for Ada on Mac OS X?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:38:44 GMT
Date: 2004-11-02T14:38:44+00:00	[thread overview]

In article
<mailman.75.1099404838.10401.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>,
 Marius Amado Alves <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> wrote:

> Christopher J. Henrich wrote:
> > What integrated development environments that run on Mac OS X 10.* can
> > handle Ada?  Does such a thing exist?
>
> According to this you can use Xcode:
>
>     http://pyrite.truman.edu/~millerj/AdaonOSX/
>
> See also macada.org
>
> But I'd also love to see the actuality of this confirmed by a seasoned
> "Ada on Mac" person in this group. Me I'm just "switching". I'm waiting
> for the new iBook 12" at 1.2GHz with Airport (wireless g). It's expected
> in 3 weeks in Portugal. The global economy is very slow.

Well, several of the contributors, posting in this thread, have been
using Ada on Mac since 1994. The present incarnation for Mac OS X
does indeed run with Xcode, as shown on Dr. Miller's site above. The
integration is excellent: edit, compile, debug, step, trace,
breakpoint, profile--all from the GUI. I also use gnatmake from the
command line regularly.

You'll see when your Mac arrives. Sorry you have to wait:-)

--
John
----