* Ada Quality and Style
@ 2009-06-21  5:21 Rick
From: Rick @ 2009-06-21  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have my trusty "Ada95 Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional
Programmers".  I cannot find a new version.  Is there one?  If so,
where can I obtain a copy?

Thanks

* Re: Ada Quality and Style
@ 2009-06-21 11:48 ` John McCormick
From: John McCormick @ 2009-06-21 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 21, 12:21 am, Rick <rickdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have my trusty "Ada95 Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional
> Programmers".  I cannot find a new version.  Is there one?  If so,
> where can I obtain a copy?

There was a discussion at the SIGAda 2008 meeting in Portland about
updating the style guide.  Geoff Smith suggested that the process be
open to the Ada community.  He created a wikibook using the Ada 95
version as a starting point.  I'm not sure how much work has been done
on it.  Certainly there is still some work to be done to add
formatting markup, but the entire document is there and ready for
people to add guidance for Ada 2005 additions.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Style_Guide

* Re: Ada Quality and Style
@ 2009-06-26 14:30   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2009-06-26 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 21, 4:48 am, John McCormick <mccorm...@cs.uni.edu> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 12:21 am, Rick <rickdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have my trusty "Ada95 Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional
> > Programmers".  I cannot find a new version.  Is there one?  If so,
> > where can I obtain a copy?
>
> There was a discussion at the SIGAda 2008 meeting in Portland about
> updating the style guide.  Geoff Smith suggested that the process be
> open to the Ada community.  He created a wikibook using the Ada 95
> version as a starting point.  I'm not sure how much work has been done
> on it.  Certainly there is still some work to be done to add
> formatting markup, but the entire document is there and ready for
> people to add guidance for Ada 2005 additions.
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Style_Guide

Is there a way to diff between the "Ada95 Quality and Style" and this
newer one?

* Re: Ada Quality and Style
@ 2009-06-26 17:02     ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2009-06-26 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<7f47d947-a0cc-4979-9372-25f5c795781a@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
 Marco <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 4:48 am, John McCormick <mccorm...@cs.uni.edu> wrote:
> > On Jun 21, 12:21 am, Rick <rickdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have my trusty "Ada95 Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional
> > > Programmers".  I cannot find a new version.  Is there one?  If so,
> > > where can I obtain a copy?
> >
> > There was a discussion at the SIGAda 2008 meeting in Portland about
> > updating the style guide.  Geoff Smith suggested that the process be
> > open to the Ada community.  He created a wikibook using the Ada 95
> > version as a starting point.  I'm not sure how much work has been done
> > on it.  Certainly there is still some work to be done to add
> > formatting markup, but the entire document is there and ready for
> > people to add guidance for Ada 2005 additions.
> >
> > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Style_Guide
>
> Is there a way to diff between the "Ada95 Quality and Style" and this
> newer one?

I got useful results doing something like this:

Get new:
curl http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Style_Guide > new.html

Get old:
curl http://www.adaic.com/docs/95style/zip/ > aqs95_html.zip
unzip aqs95_html.zip
cd aqs95_html
cat sec_1.html sec_2.html sec_3a.html sec_3b.html sec_4.html sec_5a.html
sec_5b.html sec_6a.html sec_6b.html sec_7a.html sec_7b.html sec_8a.html
sec_8b.html sec_9.html sec_10.html sec_11.html > old.html

Open both in browser.
Copy and paste text to new.txt and old.txt.
Open in favorite editor's diff mode, ignoring spaces.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com