* Re: Hashing or vectoring a fingerprint image for faster search
       [not found]   ` <o1hmpr$mvc$1@dont-email.me>
@ 2016-11-28 19:57     ` erlo
From: erlo @ 2016-11-28 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:43:51 +0000, Richard Heathfield wrote:

> On 28/11/16 16:30, erlo wrote:
>> On 25-11-2016 16:02, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>>
>>> Should you do that? Are there governments doing that?
>>>
>>> Shouldn't we need an *exact match* to be sure? :)
>>
>> What is Ada-specific about this subject??
>
> Check the cross-posts, form your own conclusions about what could
> possibly be relevant and specific to all six groups, and adjust your
> killfile accordingly.

Just trying to get some sanity across - but I guess it is a lost case....
I followed your advice, but had to change newsreader (Thunderbird does
not have killfile)

br
Erlo

* Re: Hashing or vectoring a fingerprint image for faster search
@ 2016-11-28 21:38       ` BartC
From: BartC @ 2016-11-28 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28/11/2016 19:57, erlo wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 16:43:51 +0000, Richard Heathfield wrote:

>>> What is Ada-specific about this subject??
>>
>> Check the cross-posts, form your own conclusions about what could
>> possibly be relevant and specific to all six groups, and adjust your
>> killfile accordingly.
>
> Just trying to get some sanity across - but I guess it is a lost case....
> I followed your advice, but had to change newsreader (Thunderbird does
> not have killfile)

It has something: while in this newsgroup, Tools -> Message Filters ->
New, then you have to set up a new filter which is a bit hit and miss.
(Example, 'From', 'contains', then the name of the poster you wish to
block.)

--
Bartc

* Re: Hashing or vectoring a fingerprint image for faster search
@ 2016-11-29 17:25         ` erlo
From: erlo @ 2016-11-29 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:38:56 +0000, BartC wrote:

> It has something: while in this newsgroup, Tools -> Message Filters ->
> New, then you have to set up a new filter which is a bit hit and miss.
> (Example, 'From', 'contains', then the name of the poster you wish to
> block.)

Tnx for the info. I have changed to Pan which works like a charm makes it
easy to block posters.

regards
Erlo