* Ada compiler for MVS?
@ 1998-12-18  0:00 Pascal Sartoretti
From: Pascal Sartoretti @ 1998-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The subject says it all: is there any Ada compiler for IBM hosts running
MVS?

Thanks for any help

Pascal

[-- Attachment #2: Card for Pascal Sartoretti --]

begin:vcard
n:Sartoretti;Pascal
tel;fax:+ 41 21 613 21 00
tel;work:+ 41 21 613 21 11
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:ELCA Informatique
adr:;;Av. de la Harpe 22-24;1000-Lausanne 13;;;Switzerland
version:2.1
email;internet:Pascal.Sartoretti@elca.ch
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Pascal Sartoretti
end:vcard

* Re: Ada compiler for MVS?
@ 1998-12-19  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-12-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <367A2633.A59D29E6@elca.ch>, Pascal Sartoretti <Pascal.Sartoretti@elca.ch> writes:

Please don't send MIME to newsgroups.

> The subject says it all: is there any Ada compiler for IBM hosts running
> MVS?

LegacyAda (honest) is an Ada83 MVS compiler from OC Systems.
This is the compiler that IBM used to sell.  The vendor also
does Ada95 for IBM's AIX brand of Unix under the name PowerAda,
so they are aware of Ada95 but presumably see less demand on MVS.

Larry Kilgallen

From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-12-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1998Dec19.080528.1@eisner>, kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

> LegacyAda (honest) is an Ada83 MVS compiler from OC Systems.
> This is the compiler that IBM used to sell.  The vendor also
> does Ada95 for IBM's AIX brand of Unix under the name PowerAda,
> so they are aware of Ada95 but presumably see less demand on MVS.

I just checked their web site and LegacyAda can be found at:

http://www.ocsystems.com/frames/products/adaproducts/legacyada.html

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Ada compiler for MVS?
@ 1998-12-21  0:00 ` Dick Knowles
From: Dick Knowles @ 1998-12-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Intermetrcs MVS/Ada is still actively supported by us.  (AverStar was
recently formed by a merger of Intermetrics and Pacer/InfoTech.)
This is an Ada 83 compiler with RTS support for batch MVS and CICS.
There is also a debugger for both batch and CICS.  Contact me for more
information.

		Dick
--
    Dick Knowles                  knowles@inmet.com