* Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-19 12:12 Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2004-04-19 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gwindows_Extended contains packages which enrich
David Botton's Gwindows Binding with state-of-the-art
controls.

Gwindows_Extended is (of course) released under the GPL.

Some Features of Gwindows_Extended:

- Extended list view controls with header drag and drop,
column sorting, coloring at subitem lev Icons at item level,
Grid appearance and more.

- Extended toolbars with tooltips, flat buttons, check-style
buttons and icon support.

- Extended tree view controls with icons and colors and a new
event which occurs when node selection changes.

- A splitbar implementation.

Download from:

http://www.konad.de/download.htm

--
The elements of the empty set have all properties.
Means: To have all may be caused by to be nothing.

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-19 20:34 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-04-19 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil> writes:

> Gwindows_Extended is (of course) released under the GPL.

May I suggest that both Gwindows_Extended and Konada.DB be released under the
GMGPL otherwise it is not possible to use your library into non GPL
software.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20  5:53   ` Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2004-04-20  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil> writes:
>
>> Gwindows_Extended is (of course) released under the GPL.
>
> May I suggest that both Gwindows_Extended and Konada.DB be released
> under the
> GMGPL otherwise it is not possible to use your library into non GPL
> software.

Sure. Would it be sufficient to update the text on our
download page?

--

@ 2004-04-20  7:24     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-04-20  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank,

If you want to change the license you must do so in the source files
themselves; each source file should contain a copyright notice and
the license.  The text on the download page is not authoritative,
although it is of course convenient to have the license terms there
too.

I would also like to suggest that you get in touch with the original
authors of GWindows and the OCI bindings that you extended; they
would probably appreciate it if you merged your extensions into
their libraries.  This would also reduce the need for users to
hunt for bits and pieces of libraries all over the Internet.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20  9:21       ` Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2004-04-20  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ludovic,

20 Apr 2004 07:24:21 GMT Ludovic Brenta wrote
<ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>:

> Frank,
>
> If you want to change the license you must do so in the source files
> themselves; each source file should contain a copyright notice and
> the license.  The text on the download page is not authoritative,
> although it is of course convenient to have the license terms there
> too.

AFAIK my source headers contain already the correct GMGPL text.

> I would also like to suggest that you get in touch with the original
> authors of GWindows and the OCI bindings that you extended; they
> would probably appreciate it if you merged your extensions into
> their libraries.  This would also reduce the need for users to
> hunt for bits and pieces of libraries all over the Internet.

I am in contact with Dmitriy Anisimkov and i was in contact with
David Botton too. David Botton suggested the foundation of a
Gwindows development team.
But i like David have not enough time and resources to manage it.

Frank Piron

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20 14:02         ` Fionn mac Cuimhaill
From: Fionn mac Cuimhaill @ 2004-04-20 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:21:25 +0200, Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil>
wrote:

>Hi Ludovic,
>
>20 Apr 2004 07:24:21 GMT Ludovic Brenta wrote
><ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>:
>

>> Frank,
>>
>> If you want to change the license you must do so in the source files
>> themselves; each source file should contain a copyright notice and
>> the license.  The text on the download page is not authoritative,
>> although it is of course convenient to have the license terms there
>> too.
>
>AFAIK my source headers contain already the correct GMGPL text.
>
>> I would also like to suggest that you get in touch with the original
>> authors of GWindows and the OCI bindings that you extended; they
>> would probably appreciate it if you merged your extensions into
>> their libraries.  This would also reduce the need for users to
>> hunt for bits and pieces of libraries all over the Internet.
>>

>I am in contact with Dmitriy Anisimkov and i was in contact with
>David Botton too. David Botton suggested the foundation of a
>Gwindows development team.
>But i like David have not enough time and resources to manage it.
>
>Frank Piron
I'm willing to be a member of such a team. I use GWindows and there
are also some things that I need to add to it, primarily in the area
of printing support. After the May 1 weekend, I will have more time to
work on it.

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20 14:15         ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2004-04-20 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Piron wrote:

> I am in contact with Dmitriy Anisimkov and i was in contact with
> David Botton too. David Botton suggested the foundation of a
> Gwindows development team.
> But i like David have not enough time and resources to manage it.

My I suggest sourceforge then. A Sourceforge project can have more then one
admin.

With Regards

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
http://www.ada.krischik.com

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20 21:04         ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-04-20 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil> writes:

> AFAIK my source headers contain already the correct GMGPL text.

Right, I missed that. So you just have to update your Web site to avoid
all confusions :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-20 22:00   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2004-04-20 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.org> wrote:
:
: Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil> writes:
:
:> Gwindows_Extended is (of course) released under the GPL.
:
: May I suggest that both Gwindows_Extended and Konada.DB be released under the
: GMGPL otherwise it is not possible to use your library into non GPL
: software.

Small correction, it is *certainly* possible to use GPL Oracle
bindings in non GPL software, e.g. if you have an Oracle DB and
want to use that DB in house.
It's different if you want to distribute binaries sans source.

Georg

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-21  2:24       ` David Starner
From: David Starner @ 2004-04-21  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:24:21 +0000, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> If you want to change the license you must do so in the source files
> themselves;

That's not true. All he has to do is offer the new license, and people
can use it. There are several packages in Debian with email messages
saying:

  So there's someone still using Foobar? That's amazing. I don't have
  a copy of the program anymore, but if you want to use it under the GPL,
  go ahead.

as their only free license.

* Re: Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-04-21  5:54           ` Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2004-04-21  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

20 Apr 2004 23:04:31 +0200 Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.org> wrote:

> Frank Piron <empty@zero.nil> writes:
>
>> AFAIK my source headers contain already the correct GMGPL text.
>
> Right, I missed that. So you just have to update your Web site to avoid
> all confusions :)

Done

--
Crisis? What Crisis?
f_r_a_n_k_a_t_k_o_n_a_d_d_o_t_n_e_t

* Gwindows_Extended
@ 2004-11-04  8:16 Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2004-11-04  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a new version of Gwindows_Extended
available at
http://www.konad.de/download
--
Frank Piron,