* Well spent time to start using gnatcoll.json ?
@ 2019-10-16  7:32 reinert
From: reinert @ 2019-10-16  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is it well spent time to start to code using gnatcoll.json ?

Yes, I understand the question is ambiguous, but I would
like to get any comment just to obtain some feeling :-)

I consider to use it for data exchange (export/import).

reinert

* Re: Well spent time to start using gnatcoll.json ?
@ 2019-10-16 13:29 ` joakimds
From: joakimds @ 2019-10-16 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Reinert,

I do believe that the gnatcoll.json implementation is the standard way to do it, although it isn't the most performant. Maybe there is somebody else on comp.lang.ada that can recommend something else?

Best regards,
Joakim

* Re: Well spent time to start using gnatcoll.json ?
@ 2019-10-16 14:03   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-10-16 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-10-16 15:29, joakimds@kth.se wrote:

> I do believe that the gnatcoll.json implementation is the standard way to do it, although it isn't the most performant. Maybe there is somebody else on comp.lang.ada that can recommend something else?

Simple components has JSON parser as well:

    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#13.10

However, there is no reason to use JSON anywhere except than in some
HTTP server dealing with JSON-encoded content.

* Re: Well spent time to start using gnatcoll.json ?
@ 2019-10-16 15:19     ` reinert
From: reinert @ 2019-10-16 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Well spent time to start using gnatcoll.json ?
@ 2019-10-17 12:15       ` reinert
From: reinert @ 2019-10-17 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

By the way, I get the following warning when in "with" GNATCOLL.JSON (running debian 10.1):

"warning: license of withed unit "GNATCOLL.JSON" may be inconsistent"

Could anybody tell about its possible meaning?

@ 2019-10-18  6:47       ` reinert
From: reinert @ 2019-10-18  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

By the way, I get the following warning when I "with" GNATCOLL.JSON (running debian 10.1):

@ 2019-10-18  9:24         ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2019-10-18  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 18/10/2019 à 08:47, reinert a écrit :
> By the way, I get the following warning when I "with" GNATCOLL.JSON (running debian 10.1):
> "warning: license of withed unit "GNATCOLL.JSON" may be inconsistent"
> Could anybody tell about its possible meaning?
This is an effect of the (Gnat specific) pragma License, which is
intended to warn you if for example a GPL licensed unit depends on a
propriatory unit. See Gnat Reference Manual, 2.98.

It has no effect on your program.
 --
J-P. Rosen
Adalog