* Do you follow the guideline with regards to horizontal spaces, if not why ?
@ 2019-11-11 20:52 Alain De Vos
From: Alain De Vos @ 2019-11-11 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is a + more readable when there is a space before and after ?
Is a : more readable when there is a space before and after ?
What are your thoughts, practices ?

* Re: Do you follow the guideline with regards to horizontal spaces, if not why ?
@ 2019-11-11 21:00 ` Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 2019-11-11 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-11-11 22:52, Alain De Vos wrote:
> Is a + more readable when there is a space before and after ?
> Is a : more readable when there is a space before and after ?
> What are your thoughts, practices ?

I follow both of the above formatting styles. Also, I try to align
colons vertically when they occur on successive lines, for example in
formal subprogram parameter lists (with one parameter per line).

--
Niklas Holsti
niklas holsti tidorum fi

* Re: Do you follow the guideline with regards to horizontal spaces, if not why ?
@ 2019-11-11 22:42 ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2019-11-11 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 11 November 2019 20:52:24 UTC, Alain De Vos  wrote:
> Is a + more readable when there is a space before and after ?
> Is a : more readable when there is a space before and after ?
> What are your thoughts, practices ?

Yes, it is more readable.

* Re: Do you follow the guideline with regards to horizontal spaces, if not why ?
@ 2019-11-12  9:54 ` AdaMagica
From: AdaMagica @ 2019-11-12  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

As long as you write your sw just for yourself, you may have your own opinion on beauty of code and readability.
As soon as you work in a group, there most certainly are rules the group as a whole has to follow (whether they like the style or not).

* Re: Do you follow the guideline with regards to horizontal spaces, if not why ?
@ 2019-11-12 10:30   ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2019-11-12 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 12/11/2019 à 10:54, AdaMagica a écrit :
> As soon as you work in a group, there most certainly are rules the
> group as a whole has to follow (whether they like the style or not).

True. The precise rules are not very important, as long as they are
followed. Unicity of style is paramount for long term maintenance.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog