* How to Read information from the file header in Windows and in Linux
@ 2020-03-10  9:37 KPN nieuwsgroepen
From: KPN nieuwsgroepen @ 2020-03-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to read some information from the fileheader in files on Linux
and on Windows for instance the date of the last change. Is there
sombeody who knows a package for this? Also documentation of the headers
would be welcome.

* Re: How to Read information from the file header in Windows and in Linux
@ 2020-03-10  9:53 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2020-03-10  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2020-03-10 10:37, KPN nieuwsgroepen wrote:
> I want to read some information from the fileheader in files on Linux
> and on Windows for instance the date of the last change. Is there
> sombeody who knows a package for this? Also documentation of the headers
> would be welcome.

See Ada.Directories Modification_Time, ARM 16 (121.2)

* Re: How to Read information from the file header in Windows and in Linux
@ 2020-03-10 10:16   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-03-10 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/10/20 10:53 AM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> See Ada.Directories Modification_Time, ARM 16 (121.2)

Actually, that's ARM A.16.

For the OP:

That's available at

http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/rm12_w_tc1/html/RM-A-16.html

Annex A defines Ada's standard library, and it's a good idea for developers to
be familiar with it.

"I was either in love, or I had smallpox."
Take the Money and Run