* Ada (gnat) on Red Hat Enterprise og Fedora is OK ?
@ 2020-06-03 15:20 reinert
From: reinert @ 2020-06-03 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Has RedHat been more Ada (gnat) friendly the latest years?
Some years ago I went from Fedora to Debian because I did not mange to use
"gprbuild projectfile.gpr" etc under Redhat.

I ask because someone would like to invest in using my Ada-program under RedHat
or Fedora which the IT-department there prefers. Hence it could be nice if
someone here could share their experience with Ada and RedHat.

reinert

* Re: Ada (gnat) on Red Hat Enterprise og Fedora is OK ?
@ 2020-06-03 16:01 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-06-03 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/3/20 5:20 PM, reinert wrote:

> I ask because someone would like to invest in using my Ada-program under RedHat
> or Fedora which the IT-department there prefers. Hence it could be nice if
> someone here could share their experience with Ada and RedHat.

We used to build on Debian and run on CentOS.

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

* Re: Ada (gnat) on Red Hat Enterprise og Fedora is OK ?
@ 2020-06-03 16:33 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2020-06-03 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/06/2020 17:20, reinert wrote:

> Has RedHat been more Ada (gnat) friendly the latest years?
> Some years ago I went from Fedora to Debian because I did not mange to use
> "gprbuild projectfile.gpr" etc under Redhat.

I cannot tell for RedHat but Fedora and CentOS are perfectly OK. Fedora
has the latest GCC 10.

BTW on Raspberry for my projects Fedora beats Debian in compile/build
time. Before GCC 10 it was reverse.

* Re: Ada (gnat) on Red Hat Enterprise og Fedora is OK ?
@ 2020-06-03 18:31   ` reinert
From: reinert @ 2020-06-03 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

onsdag 3. juni 2020 18.33.37 UTC+2 skrev Dmitry A. Kazakov følgende:
> On 03/06/2020 17:20, reinert wrote:
>
> > Has RedHat been more Ada (gnat) friendly the latest years?
> > Some years ago I went from Fedora to Debian because I did not mange to use
> > "gprbuild projectfile.gpr" etc under Redhat.
>
> I cannot tell for RedHat but Fedora and CentOS are perfectly OK. Fedora
> has the latest GCC 10.
>
> BTW on Raspberry for my projects Fedora beats Debian in compile/build
> time. Before GCC 10 it was reverse.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

And gprbuild in included in a Fedora main repository (and functions)?

@ 2020-06-03 19:32     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2020-06-03 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/06/2020 20:31, reinert wrote:

> And gprbuild in included in a Fedora main repository (and functions)?

Yes it does.

Under CentOS you might be required to compile gprbuild and create a
configuration file for it because it does not find the compiler.

But, as I said, Fedora works out of the box.