* RFC UXStrings package.
@ 2020-11-11 20:18 Blady
From: Blady @ 2020-11-11 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

UXStrings is now a standalone library available on Github.
https://github.com/Blady-Com/UXStrings

Comments on specifications are welcome.

A first implementation POC is provided. UTF-8 encoding is chosen for
internal representation. The Strings_Edit library is used for UTF-8
encoding management.
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm

This implementation which is only for demonstrate the possible usages of
UXString has many limitations as for instance there is no memory
deallocation. Only few API are implemented.

A test program is also provided with some features working.

See readme for full details.
https://github.com/Blady-Com/UXStrings/blob/master/readme.md

Best regards, Pascal.

* Re: RFC UXStrings package.
@ 2020-11-27  8:38 ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2020-11-27  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are few more options to forget about encodings and related issues:

new AdaCore's VSS https://github.com/AdaCore/VSS
old Matreshka's League http://forge.ada-ru.org/matreshka

* Re: RFC UXStrings package.
@ 2020-11-27 11:05   ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2020-11-27 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27/11/2020 08:38, Vadim Godunko wrote:
> There are few more options to forget about encodings and related issues:
>
> new AdaCore's VSS https://github.com/AdaCore/VSS
> old Matreshka's League http://forge.ada-ru.org/matreshka

My very basic utf-8 string - https://github.com/Lucretia/uca

* Re: RFC UXStrings package.
@ 2020-11-29 20:53     ` Blady
From: Blady @ 2020-11-29 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 27/11/2020 à 12:05, Luke A. Guest a écrit :
> On 27/11/2020 08:38, Vadim Godunko wrote:
>> There are few more options to forget about encodings and related issues:
>>
>> new AdaCore's VSS https://github.com/AdaCore/VSS
>> old Matreshka's League http://forge.ada-ru.org/matreshka
>>

> My very basic utf-8 string - https://github.com/Lucretia/uca

Thanks Vadim and Luke for the links on these projects.

I'll have a look on them and I will surely make profit from them.

Pascal.