From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: ANN: Ada Resource Embedder for C, Ada and Go
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:53:07 +0200	[thread overview]

On 2021-06-11 20:44, Stephane Carrez wrote:
> Thanks Dimitry for the clarification.
>
> Different requirements leads to different solutions.
>
> With ARE, I want to embed a Javascript file (such as jQuery), minify it with closure, compress it with gzip
> and make it available as raw content so that the web server can service it without reading any file.
> The content being accessible through either an Ada generated variable or through a function,
> it is mapped in memory (we avoid an open, read, close system call plus the gzip stuff) and
> the server only has to return the buffer content.

Same here. In the case of an integrated HTTP server I simply store the
HTTP pages as a set of string constants and functions generating dynamic
portions of. The HTTP server uses no external files. Most pages never
exist in any moment of time, because the server generates portions of
them and sends away chunks as soon as possible. For this reason I do not
compress any pages. It would waste too much resources on a small
embedded system and does not really matter for a large PC.