* Ada domain names: who holds what, and for which purpose?
@ 2021-06-24 18:03 Heziode
From: Heziode @ 2021-06-24 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

By curiosity, I have checked if there is some domain name related to Ada
language.
I mean, domains that can be officialy used to represent the language
(even though according to Wikipedia, it is adaic.org. Keep in mind, I am
doing this out of curiosity).

I was being surprised to discover that several domains, that could be
used as an "official" website (like *lang.org, *-lang.org, *.codes,
where "*" is the language name), is bought but not used, and not in sales.

Here is a table of my few research:

| Domain       | Owner        | Registered On | Country | State   | Note

|--------------|--------------|---------------|---------|---------|----------------------------------------------------|
| ada-lang.com | AdaCore      | 2016-09-20    | FR      |         |
Point on "thinkx.net", so DNS issue with wrong IP? |
| adalang.com  | ?            | 2014-03-30    | US      | Florida |

| ada-lang.org | ?            | 2020-02-11    | US      | WA      |

| adalang.org  | ?            | 2020-02-12    | US      | WA      |

| ada.codes    | Steve Arnold | 2014-04-23    | US      | CA      |

We can see that "ada-lang.org" and "adalang.org" seems to be bought by
the same person/entity, but these domains are not used, and not in
sales. Looks like domain retention.

Does anyone know who is behind these domains ?

Heziode

* Re: Ada domain names: who holds what, and for which purpose?
@ 2021-06-24 18:27 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2021-06-24 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24/06/2021 19:03, Heziode wrote:
> By curiosity, I have checked if there is some domain name related to Ada
> language.
> I mean, domains that can be officialy used to represent the language
> (even though according to Wikipedia, it is adaic.org. Keep in mind, I am
> | ada.codes    | Steve Arnold | 2014-04-23    | US      | CA      |

Steve is nerdboy on irc/github.

The Ada Lang one seems to be her name as there is a photo on the contact
page.

There is learn/getadanow.com which is David Botton's.