* dynamic arrays in ada?
@ 2001-12-17 12:08 Lars Plessmann
From: Lars Plessmann @ 2001-12-17 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

how can I generate a dynamic array in ada (like in perl e.g.)
with a undefined begin and end.
i know there a "range <>" construction, but how to use it?

I need an array-type where I can store unbounded_strings.
I need to realize that in an package (ADS), so the type should be open
to my ADB file.
is that possible and how can I realize that?

thx.
Lars

* Re: dynamic arrays in ada?
@ 2001-12-17 12:48 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-12-17 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Plessmann wrote:

> how can I generate a dynamic array in ada (like in perl e.g.)
> with a undefined begin and end.
> i know there a "range <>" construction, but how to use it?
>
> I need an array-type where I can store unbounded_strings.
> I need to realize that in an package (ADS), so the type should be open
> to my ADB file.
> is that possible and how can I realize that?

Yes, it's certainly possible, read about unconstrained arrays in any Ada
textbook.

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: dynamic arrays in ada?
@ 2001-12-17 13:30 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2001-12-17 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Plessmann <Lars.Plessmann@t-online.de> wrote:

: I need an array-type where I can store unbounded_strings.

You mean, the unbounded Strings that Ada provides?

Georg

* Re: dynamic arrays in ada?
@ 2001-12-17 14:07   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-12-17 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:30:37 +0000 (UTC), Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> Lars Plessmann <Lars.Plessmann@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>: I need an array-type where I can store unbounded_strings.
>
> You mean, the unbounded Strings that Ada provides?

No.

http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je/adacraft/ch06.htm#6.4

--
 ()   Join the worldwide campaign to protect fundamental human rights.
'||}