From: Jerome Hugues <hugues@merlin-lenchanteur.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada-Python inter-language testing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:37:09 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2005-01-18T21:37:09+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <ss4Hd.9426$fs6.227087@twister2.libero.it>, Matteo Bertini wrote:

> PolyORB could be very interesting, for example it seems to support
> exception passing, and in my coding I'm finding it very hard to have.

PolyORB supports it as part of the CORBA or the DSA
specifications. Still, you will have to define the exception exchanged
between the two nodes CORBA/Ada and CORBA/Python (I suppose
CORBA.Unkown is not enough ;))

> Simon Wright wrote:
>> One of us is considering CORBA (PolyORB on the Ada (GNAT) side,
>> omniORB on the Python side). I can see it for integration support,
>> but for unit testing .. I don't think so, but we shall see!

AFAIK, python supports some kind of reflection, as for Java. A generic
testing framework a-la JUnit may help building various tests, all
automatic.

PolyORB supports CORBA DSI, so there may be some way to pilot your Ada
code from a test driver written in Python. Still, this may be really
technical.

Note that all feedback on the use of PolyORB is always welcome ;)

--
Jerome