From: "G.B." <bauhaus@notmyhomepage.invalid>
Subject: Re: Alire
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:29:19 +0100	[thread overview]

On 12.11.22 18:34, Stephen Leake wrote:
> "hn...@yahoo.de" <hnptz@yahoo.de> writes:
>
>> My question about "Alire" concerns the output of the messages on the
>> screen. Unfortunately, some of the messages are so pale that I can
>> hardly read them. It may be due to my eyes and I am therefore looking
>> for a way to increase the contrast to "normal".
>
> One option is to specify --no-color on the alr command line.

Maybe there is an opportunity for reuse here.
Pass a hint to Alire developers about abstraction and about
triggering standard solutions (on compliant systems...):

- the abstractions being "emphasize this word", "make that
   word strongly emphasized";
- standards being terminal screens etc. that understand those
   instructions and render them accordingly.