From: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest@archeia.com>
Subject: Re: Post-Ada at Ada-Europe 2023 anyone?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:08:18 +0000	[thread overview]

On 21/12/2022 17:25, Marius Amado-Alves wrote:
> Would anyone be interested in co-organizing or attending a Post-Ada workshop at Ada-Europe 2023 (Lisbon, 13-16 June)?
> Any thoughts appreciated.

I probably won't be able to attend, my life is pretty much being
destroyed right now.

> The "Post-Ada" concept has been debated here in CLA. It encompasses lessons learnt from the three decade long Ada experiment, ideas for betterment of the language, and creation of languages anew, like Parasail and King.

Really? No love for my "mad" :) ramblings?
https://github.com/Lucretia/orenda

> One way to approach the 'problem' would be to classify features of Ada as "keep, kill, or to be improved," for example:
> - loop statements: keep
> - function expressions: keep
> - cursors: kill
> - attributes vs. operations (tick vs. dot): kill

Wrong. Attributes are a really interesting and useful part of Ada and
the solution in Orenda to getting addresses of objects, aspects would
enable setting them on creation.

> - inheritance: to be improved
> - Unicode characters and strings: to be improved

Should be the basis of all text.

> A general issue could be to compare or harmonize this approach with the future (?) revision of Ada via Ada Issues. Personally I feel Ada (202X) is already too big to grow anymore. I suspect compiler maintainers would agree, and hope they could participate (sponsor?)

Won't happen, I've mentioned it before and was told it was not going to
happen.

Luke.