From: Rod Kay <rodakay5@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GnatStudio 20230501 released
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 06:47:39 +1000	[thread overview]

On 5/6/23 22:55, Rod Kay wrote:
> On 5/6/23 20:15, Maxim Reznik wrote:
>> Great! Waiting for GNAT Studio in Arch Linux :)
>>

>     I still have one problem to solve. When I run GS, i get the
> following python error ...
>
> Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of
> the filesystem encoding
> Python runtime state: core initialized
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

    It turns out that gnatstudio expects '/usr/share/gnatstudio/python'
to contain or point to the root of an OS's python installation. So a
simple soft link to '/usr' fixed this problem.

    The only other problem was a deprecated python module, which was
very easy to patch/fix.

    So now gnatstudio builds/runs on Archlinux with all the bells/whistles.

    A final thanks, Maxim, for your help.

Regards.