From: Rod Kay <rodakay5@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GnatStudio 20230501 released
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:55:51 +1000	[thread overview]

On 5/6/23 20:15, Maxim Reznik wrote:
> Great! Waiting for GNAT Studio in Arch Linux :)

    Heh, I've just this minute finished the build/install of GNAT Studio
for Arch Linux. The build of GS (and all of it's dependencies) went very
well, largely due to using all of the sources provided in the recent GS
sources tarball release. So thank you again for suggesting that.

    I still have one problem to solve. When I run GS, i get the
following python error ...

Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of
the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

    A quick google did not yield any promising solutions but I will look
again tomorrow. If anyone can suggest possible reasons/solutions I'd be
very grateful. I know little about that pesky snake and less about how
to treat one constricted by the beast :).

Regards.