* Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 15:27 Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler
From: Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler @ 2005-01-19 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey, what's up with you guys? Almost a week ago we landed on Titan and
nobody here cares?

<URI:http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=33006&fbodylongid=1099>:

|The software is based on a top-down hierarchical and modular approach
|using the Hierarchical Object-Oriented Design (HOOD) method and, except
|for some specific low level modules, is coded in ADA. The software
|consists, as much as possible, of a collation for synchronous processes
|timed by a hardware reference clock (eight Hz repetition rate). In
|order to avoid unpredictable behaviour, interrupt-driven activities are
|minimised. Such a design also provides for better software
|observability and reliability.

I guess, a few links on Ada-Success stories could be updated ...

Vinzent.

* Re: Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 15:56 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2005-01-19 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7631857.tmjnZQ6JnP@jellix.jlfencey.com>, Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler <nntp-2005-01@t-domaingrabbing.de> writes:
> Hey, what's up with you guys? Almost a week ago we landed on Titan and
> nobody here cares?
>
> <URI:http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=33006&fbodylongid=1099>:

Some of us hope for technical rather than marketing content in
comp.lang.ada.  There is a separate mailing list for advocacy.

> I guess, a few links on Ada-Success stories could be updated ...

That would be the proper place for it.

* Re: Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 16:10   ` Duncan Sands
From: Duncan Sands @ 2005-01-19 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada; +Cc: Larry Kilgallen

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 16:56, Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> In article <7631857.tmjnZQ6JnP@jellix.jlfencey.com>, Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler <nntp-2005-01@t-domaingrabbing.de> writes:
> > Hey, what's up with you guys? Almost a week ago we landed on Titan and
> > nobody here cares?
> >
> > <URI:http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=33006&fbodylongid=1099>:
>
> Some of us hope for technical rather than marketing content in
> comp.lang.ada.  There is a separate mailing list for advocacy.
>
> > I guess, a few links on Ada-Success stories could be updated ...
>
> That would be the proper place for it.

Come on, it wasn't unreasonable to post it here.  Also, the article does have some technical content.

Duncan.

* Re: Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 16:27     ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2005-01-19 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Sands <baldrick@free.fr> wrote:
> Come on, it wasn't unreasonable to post it here.

moreover, it was useful (-:
http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ph/resources_on_ada.html
see Cassini-Huygens on top of the page

> Also, the article does have some technical content.
indeed

--
--Peter Hermann(49)0711-685-3611 fax3758 ica2ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
--Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 16:30   ` Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler
From: Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler @ 2005-01-19 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

> In article <7631857.tmjnZQ6JnP@jellix.jlfencey.com>, Vinzent 'Gadget'
> Hoefler <nntp-2005-01@t-domaingrabbing.de> writes:
>>
>> <URI:http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object
index.cfm?fobjectid=33006&fbodylongid=1099>:

> Some of us hope for technical rather than marketing content in
> comp.lang.ada.

Yes, of course. I apologize if I disturbed you.

But considering that even good ol' Ariane 5 gets its regular thread
here, I didn't think it was way off-topic.

@ 2005-01-19 16:45     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2005-01-19 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.73.1106151068.527.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>, Duncan Sands <baldrick@free.fr> writes:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 16:56, Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>> In article <7631857.tmjnZQ6JnP@jellix.jlfencey.com>, Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler <nntp-2005-01@t-domaingrabbing.de> writes:
>> > Hey, what's up with you guys? Almost a week ago we landed on Titan and
>> > nobody here cares?
>> >
>> > <URI:http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=33006&fbodylongid=1099>:
>>
>> Some of us hope for technical rather than marketing content in
>> comp.lang.ada.  There is a separate mailing list for advocacy.
>>
>> > I guess, a few links on Ada-Success stories could be updated ...
>>
>> That would be the proper place for it.
>
> Come on, it wasn't unreasonable to post it here.

I guess my remark was poorly phrased.

I was not objecting to the posting, but to the complaint that nobody
had posted it before.

* Re: Have you missed this great success story?
@ 2005-01-19 18:51     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2005-01-19 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vinzent 'Gadget' Hoefler <nntp-2005-01@t-domaingrabbing.de> writes:

> Yes, of course. I apologize if I disturbed you.

No do not. It was just fine.

Thanks,
Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org