* GLib and Pango Warnings
@ 2009-07-04 13:15 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2009-07-04 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do get the following warnings in the DOS window since I use GPL 2009 at
the moment that I run the program:
(c_to_ada.exe:444): GLib_WARNING **: Passing a non-NULL package to
g_win32_get_package_installation_directory() is depreciated and will not
work in GLib after 2.18.
(c_to_ada.exe:444): Pango_WARNING **: error reading alias file:
D:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\2009\etc\pango\pango.aliases:4: Line is not of the form
KEY=VALUE or KEY+=VALUE

In the debugger console I see
file e:/ada/project/ctoada/c_to_ada.exe
(gdb) run
[New thread 444.0x30c]
[New thread 444.0x768]
Please note the 444 which also appears after the name of the program earlier

I have not altererd anything in the program but only compiled the program
completely with the new compiler.

What is the reason of these warnings that also appears in a simular way in
another program and how can I stop these from appearing

L. Dries

* Re: GLib and Pango Warnings
@ 2009-07-05 14:06 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2009-07-05 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ldries46" <ldries46@planet.nl> writes:

> I do get the following warnings in the DOS window since I use GPL 2009 at
> the moment that I run the program:
> (c_to_ada.exe:444): GLib_WARNING **: Passing a non-NULL package to
> g_win32_get_package_installation_directory() is depreciated and will not
> work in GLib after 2.18.
> (c_to_ada.exe:444): Pango_WARNING **: error reading alias file:
> D:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\2009\etc\pango\pango.aliases:4: Line is not of the form
> KEY=VALUE or KEY+=VALUE

I get these as well.

I fixed the second one by editing the '...pango.aliases' file; add
spaces around the '='.

I haven't investigated the first one yet.

> What is the reason of these warnings

They seem pretty clear on their own; the second one is about bad
syntax, the first about a subprogram that will be changing its
behavior in the next release.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GLib and Pango Warnings
@ 2009-07-07 10:11   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2009-07-07 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's a pitty but the solution given does not work with me.

"Stephen Leake" <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> schreef in bericht
> "ldries46" <ldries46@planet.nl> writes:
>
>> I do get the following warnings in the DOS window since I use GPL 2009 at
>> the moment that I run the program:
>> (c_to_ada.exe:444): GLib_WARNING **: Passing a non-NULL package to
>> g_win32_get_package_installation_directory() is depreciated and will not
>> work in GLib after 2.18.
>> (c_to_ada.exe:444): Pango_WARNING **: error reading alias file:
>> D:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\2009\etc\pango\pango.aliases:4: Line is not of the form
>> KEY=VALUE or KEY+=VALUE
>
> I get these as well.
>
> I fixed the second one by editing the '...pango.aliases' file; add
> spaces around the '='.
>
> I haven't investigated the first one yet.
>
>> What is the reason of these warnings
>
> They seem pretty clear on their own; the second one is about bad
> syntax, the first about a subprogram that will be changing its
> behavior in the next release.
>
> --
> -- Stephe

* Re: GLib and Pango Warnings
@ 2009-09-01 22:26     ` Jack Mitchell
From: Jack Mitchell @ 2009-09-01 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

The pango warning disappeared for me by adding a space before the final
equals sign
E.G.
times = "times new roman"
instead of