* Ada Developer Workshop @ AEiC 2024, a new “FOSDEM DevRoom” for the community
@ 2024-02-24 21:30 Fernando Oleo / Irvise
From: Fernando Oleo / Irvise @ 2024-02-24 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ada community,

I come with great news! For the past two years, there was no Ada DevRoom
over @ FOSDEM, a place where the Ada community used to meet and share
their work and projects. Some of us wanted to keep having such
experience as we believed it to be a greatly beneficial aspect to the
wider Ada community.

For this reason, Fabien Chouteau, Dirk Craeynest and Fernando Oleo
Blanco, made a proposal to the Ada-Europe International Conference on
Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2024 aka Ada-Europe 2024) in order
to have a “devroom” for the wider Ada community, just like in FOSDEM.

We were accepted and you can already find all the information over at
the Ada Developer Workshop webpage [1]!

I would encourage everybody to take a look at it! Nonetheless, here is a
quick summary highlighting some of the points:

-   It will take place on Friday, 14th of June in Barcelona. Friday was
chosen in order to minimise the amount of free days/holidays that we
would need to take off from our jobs and allow us to then use the
weekend to visit and enjoy Barcelona.
-   The cost will be lower than for the main conference. Our goal is to
make it completely free, just like FOSDEM, but this is still a
Work-In-Progress (WIP).
-   The nature of the event is similar to any past DevRoom that took
place @ FOSDEM. The main difference is that now, being an open-source
project will not be a requirement.
-   March 31st, 2024 is the (current) deadline for submissions. If you
would like to present your work or discuss topics, please, please
please, keep this date in mind!

We are eager to hear from all of you. And if you have any questions,
please, let us know!

[1] https://www.ada-europe.org/conference2024/adadev.html

Best regards,
Fer

* Re: Ada Developer Workshop @ AEiC 2024, a new “FOSDEM DevRoom” for the community
@ 2024-02-27  5:51 ` streaksu
From: streaksu @ 2024-02-27  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

That sounds amazing! Thank you so much for your work and to the people
at AEiC for making it happen.

 > The cost will be lower than for the main conference. Our goal is to
 > make it completely free, just like FOSDEM, but this is still a
 > Work-In-Progress (WIP).

That would be a huge deal. I have not checked this edition's
registrations, but if 2023's are anything to go by, as a hobbyist Ada
developer, I don't think I can justify it for myself. But a cheaper
event would be a great alternative. Please do keep us updated!

* Re: Ada Developer Workshop @ AEiC 2024, a new “FOSDEM DevRoom” for the community
@ 2024-03-22 18:18 ` Fernando Oleo / Irvise
From: Fernando Oleo / Irvise @ 2024-03-22 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ada community!

This is a kind reminder that you can still submit any talks to the Ada
Developer Workshop that will take place during the AEiC 2024, on the
14th of June in Barcelona!

Entry prices should be published shortly in the AEiC website.
Nonetheless, we are still looking for some sponsorships :)

For more information see
http://www.ada-europe.org/conference2024/adadev.html or email any of the
organisers (Fabien, Dirk and Fernando).

@ 2024-03-25 22:18 ` Fernando Oleo / Irvise
From: Fernando Oleo / Irvise @ 2024-03-25 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great news everybody! This was posted by Dirk on the Ada-Lang forum.

Hot news! Thanks to AdaCore sponsoring the Ada Developer Workshop in
Barcelona, the early registration fee for in-person participation will
be only 10 EUR, including lunch and coffee breaks.

That’s as low-cost as attending an Ada Developer Room at FOSDEM in
Brussels, as you easily spend 10 EUR on food and drinks there… ;)

Registration info, for the conference, tutorials, workshops, social
events, will shortly be added to the conference website at Ada-Europe
2024 [1].

Hope to see many of you there!
And remember, submissions are still welcome!

[1] http://www.ada-europe.org/conference2024/