* Re: Gnat and Glade
@ 2001-11-08 14:41 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-11-08 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:56:45 -0800, Tony Gair wrote:
> I'm having a conflicting library error when I use Glade and Gnat.
>
> Several libraries using the file s-stratt say they want to be recompiled.
>  ( These include libraries such as s-finimp.
>
> However these libraries are present in both the GNAT and GLADE source code.
>
> Has anyone come across these problems ?
>
> Do I need to upgrade my installations of GNAT and GLADE ?

Are you going to use glade for distributed programming? If so, then you
need to recompile.

Preben
--
Please, stop bombing civilians in Afghanistan. One cannot write off
killing innocent children and other civilians as "collateral damage".

* Gnat and Glade
@ 2001-11-08 20:56 Tony Gair
From: Tony Gair @ 2001-11-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having a conflicting library error when I use Glade and Gnat.

Several libraries using the file s-stratt say they want to be recompiled.
 ( These include libraries such as s-finimp.

However these libraries are present in both the GNAT and GLADE source code.

Has anyone come across these problems ?

Do I need to upgrade my installations of GNAT and GLADE ?

* GNAT and GLADE
@ 2004-09-14 16:33 Tom Bolick
From: Tom Bolick @ 2004-09-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are considering using GNAT and GLADE for a new distributed
computing project we are working on.  However, I do have a few
questions.

GNAT is cross platform, and seems to work fairly well on Windows, can
GLADE work on windows?  (We want the option of running on one machine
in Windows or multiple machines in Linux).  There will always be one
machine in Windows for the User Interface.

We'd like to test on one machine and then scale up, does GLADE do
this? (It looks like it does this very well.)

What do I need to use GLADE?

Thanks,

Tom...

* Re: GNAT and GLADE
@ 2004-09-14 20:43 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-09-14 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

tom@deletethis_tabsoftwaresystems.dot.com (Tom Bolick) writes:

> GNAT is cross platform, and seems to work fairly well on Windows, can
> GLADE work on windows?  (We want the option of running on one machine
> in Windows or multiple machines in Linux).  There will always be one
> machine in Windows for the User Interface.

Yes, GLADE works perfectly well on Windows. Also it is possible to have
partitions on different computers some on GNU/Linux, some on Solaris and
others on Windows. All those partitions will be able to talk to each others
without trouble.

> We'd like to test on one machine and then scale up, does GLADE do
> this? (It looks like it does this very well.)

Yes.

> What do I need to use GLADE?

Well, GLADE obviously :) And GNAT of course.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: GNAT and GLADE
@ 2004-09-15  6:09   ` Tom Bolick
From: Tom Bolick @ 2004-09-15  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

That all sounds great.  So how do I get started with GLADE under
windows?  Do I have to recompile it?  Are there binaries to download
for windows?

Tom...

On 14 Sep 2004 22:43:27 +0200, Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.org> wrote:

>tom@deletethis_tabsoftwaresystems.dot.com (Tom Bolick) writes:
>
>> GNAT is cross platform, and seems to work fairly well on Windows, can
>> GLADE work on windows?  (We want the option of running on one machine
>> in Windows or multiple machines in Linux).  There will always be one
>> machine in Windows for the User Interface.
>
>Yes, GLADE works perfectly well on Windows. Also it is possible to have
>partitions on different computers some on GNU/Linux, some on Solaris and
>others on Windows. All those partitions will be able to talk to each others
>without trouble.
>
>> We'd like to test on one machine and then scale up, does GLADE do
>> this? (It looks like it does this very well.)
>
>Yes.
>
>> What do I need to use GLADE?
>
>Well, GLADE obviously :) And GNAT of course.
>
>Pascal.
>
>--
>
>--|------------------------------------------------------
>--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
>--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
>--|------------------------------------------------------
>--|              http://www.obry.org
>--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
>--|
>--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595

* Re: GNAT and GLADE
@ 2004-09-16 18:50     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-09-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

tom@deletethis_tabsoftwaresystems.dot.com (Tom Bolick) writes:

> That all sounds great.  So how do I get started with GLADE under
> windows?  Do I have to recompile it?

Yes, I think so. This is not trivial but it is not something very hard
either. Download GNAT 3.15p binary package and the GLADE 3.15p sources
from http://libre.act-europe.fr/.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|