* Ada: the solution to integrate technologies - 1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 1996-11-17  0:00 Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 1996-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ The following reminder plus new information was just posted to the
  Ada-Belgium mailing lists.  Feel free to forward to anyone interested
  and "close enough" to be able to attend.
-- dc ]

                       2nd Call for Participation

                        1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar

               Ada: the solution to integrate technologies

                        Friday, November 22, 1996
                     Eurocontrol, Brussels, Belgium

                     Organized with Assistance from
         Eurocontrol CFMU, EC-DGXII, Thomson Software Products,
                            ACM SIGAda & AJPO

http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/96/961122-abs.html

Highlights

* Invited speaker is S. Tucker Taft, Chief Scientist in the Intermetrics
  Products and Technology Group and currently Technical Director
  developing Intermetrics' Ada 95 technology, called "AdaMagic".  He is
  also leading development for Intermetrics' Ada 95-to-Java byte-code
  compiler, called "AppletMagic".

  From 1990 to 1995, Mr. Taft led the Ada 9X language design team,
  culminating in the February 1995 approval of Ada 95 as the first ISO
  standardized object-oriented programming language.

* [NEW]  Thanks to the AJPO, we can offer free copies of the new
  [NEW]  Discovering Ada CD-ROM (November 1996 Edition), i.e. a
  [NEW]  multimedia CD-ROM of Ada training, produced under contract to
  [NEW]  the AJPO, by Intermetrics, Inc., with new material about using
  [NEW]  Ada 95 and AppletMagic to create Java-compatible applets, in
  [NEW]  addition to a version of AppletMagic itself for Windows 95
  [NEW]  (probable list price $99.00).

* Thanks to the assistance of DG XII at the European Commission, a
  printed copy of the Ada 95 Quality and Style: Guidelines for
  Professional Programmers will be given to each attendee.

* Thanks to ACM SIGAda, we can once more offer free copies of the latest
  Ada CD-ROM set from Walnut Creek (August 1996 Edition).  This is a 2
  disk set, copied from the Public Ada Library (PAL), with 1.2 GB of
  Ada documentation, information, source code and ready-to-run tools and
  compilers, such as the GNU Ada 95 compiler (GNAT) for lots of
  platforms (list price $39.95).

* Papers will be presented on the use of Ada in Belgian industrial,
  research, and teaching projects: the European air traffic flow
  management system, portable software for solving polynomial systems,
  and an implementation of index sequential files, respectively.

This is an event not to be missed!

Although our supply of CD-ROMs is large, it's obviously not infinite, so
don't delay to register!
(CDs are reserved in the order of registration.)

More information, including the program and abstracts of the talks,
is available via the 1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar Home Page at URL
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/96/961122-abs.html
A registration form is appended for your convenience.

Looking forward to meet many of you in Brussels.

Dirk Craeynest
Ada-Belgium Board
ada@belgium.eu.net

-- cut here ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 -----

1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar Registration

Please mail to                                  or fax to
--------------                                  ---------
   1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar Secretariat            + 32 (0)2 729 90 22
   c/o Eurocontrol - CFMU
   Attn. Ms. K. Van Hollebeke                      (PREFERRED)
   Raketstraat 96
   B - 1130 Brussels, Belgium

Personal Information
--------------------
Name  __________________________   First name  _________________________

Job title / Occupation  ________________________________________________
Company / Institution  _________________________________________________
Address  _______________________________________________________________
Zip code  ______________________   City  _______________________________
Country  _______________________   E-mail  _____________________________
Telephone  _____________________   Telefax  ____________________________

YES, I want to register for the 1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar that will take
place at Eurocontrol in Brussels on November 22nd, 1996

YES, I will pay the following registration fee    (Please tick one item)
___  4 000 BEF  as an Ada-Belgium member
                     Note: If you are not an Ada-Belgium member yet, but
                     you would like to become one, please mail or fax an
                     Ada-Belgium membership application form and pay the
                     above fee
___  5 000 BEF  as a non Ada-Belgium member
___      0 BEF  as a full-time student   (without lunch)
Institution  _________________   Please join a copy of your student card

Moreover
--------
___  I would like to receive a copy of the Walnut Creek Ada CD-ROM set
___  I would like to receive a copy of the Discovering Ada CD-ROM
___  Please send me accommodation information

Payment information                 (Please tick one item)
-------------------
YES, I agree to pay the appropriate registration fee to Ada-Belgium VZW
___  to account number 979-3829669-17 (Argenta), or
___  to account number 409-9054291-64 (Kredietbank),
     if paying from outside Belgium
mentioning "1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar"

Signature  _________________________   Date  ___________________________

-- cut here ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 -----

Dirk (Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.ac.be for Ada-Belgium e-mail)

*** 1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar: Nov 22, Tucker Taft on Ada 95, Java, ...
*** http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/local.html

--
Dirk Craeynest |                         | Email: Dirk.Craeynest@
   OFFIS NV/SA | c/o Eurocontrol - CFMU  |        eurocontrol.be

* Re: Ada: the solution to integrate technologies - 1996 Ada-Belgium Seminar
@ 1996-11-19  0:00 ` johan
From: johan @ 1996-11-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <56nv0i$6i1@galatea.cs.kuleuven.ac.be>, Dirk Craeynest
<dirk@galatea.cs.kuleuven.ac.be> writes