* Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-09-30 17:15 Chris Humphries
From: Chris Humphries @ 2004-09-30 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

	Just out of curiousity what arch, and, if
  possible, what os does your code run on?
	I develop on x86 with debian with grsecurity
  patches. My production machines are the same. Due to
  money restrictions, I have to do with what I have :)

	So what do you develop on and what production
  systems does your code run on? What archs are in
  airplanes, I don't know anything about it. Hopefully
  it isn't Windows :D
	Figured for the way Ada is, designed not to fail,
  I would assume that x86 would not be used much by the
  DoD and airlines, etc.
	Are tandems used?
	Just curious :)

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-01  1:17 ` Jeff C r e e.m
       [not found] ` <MWLVSNMFS9pG@eisner.encompasserve.org>
From: Jeff C r e e.m @ 2004-10-01  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Chris Humphries" <chris@unixfu.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Just out of curiousity what arch, and, if
>  possible, what os does your code run on?
> I develop on x86 with debian with grsecurity
>  patches. My production machines are the same. Due to
>  money restrictions, I have to do with what I have :)

MIPS, PowerPC, Sparc, x86
vxWorks, Solaris, Windows XP

Both listed in order of my usage..certainly I expect the oder would be
different most other places.

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
       [not found] ` <MWLVSNMFS9pG@eisner.encompasserve.org>
@ 2004-10-01  8:30   ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2004-10-01  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> It is getting that way, considering the recently reported LAX and
> Korean
> airport problems -- on the airplanes would be the next logical
> progression.
> Everyone (on the planet) should read RISKS Digest.

Got a link to that article? I've google-d but nothing obvious is coming
up...

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
       [not found] ` <MWLVSNMFS9pG@eisner.encompasserve.org>
@ 2004-10-01  8:34 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2004-10-01  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Humphries wrote:
> So what do you develop on and what production
>   systems does your code run on? What archs are in
>   airplanes, I don't know anything about it. Hopefully
>   it isn't Windows :D

Develop: Win/NT, Win2000 (soon all to be WinXP)
Target: PowerPC, CsLEOS, ASAAC-compliant OS, VxWorks, bare-board

Targets include past work...

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-01 11:51     ` CBFalconer
From: CBFalconer @ 2004-10-01 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:
> Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>
>> It is getting that way, considering the recently reported LAX
>> and Korean airport problems -- on the airplanes would be the
>> next logical progression. Everyone (on the planet) should read
>> RISKS Digest.
>
> Got a link to that article? I've google-d but nothing obvious
> is coming up...

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-01 14:08     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2004-10-01 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <415d1449$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net>, "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@baesystems.com> writes:
> Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>> It is getting that way, considering the recently reported LAX and
>> Korean
>> airport problems -- on the airplanes would be the next logical
>> progression.
>> Everyone (on the planet) should read RISKS Digest.
>
> Got a link to that article? I've google-d but nothing obvious is coming
> up...

Not to the article, but to the whole issue:

http://eisner.decus.org/DECUServe/DECnotes/SECURITY/297.653.HTML

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-02  5:39 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2004-10-02  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

For preference, I develop on Linux (Mandrake 8.2 at the moment).

For money, I have developed (most recent first) on Windows NT,
Solaris, Linux, OSF1.3 (sp?).

Targets: VxWorks/PowerPC, Solaris/Sparc & x86, Linux/x86, Alpha.

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-04  8:24       ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2004-10-04  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>> Got a link to that article? I've google-d but nothing obvious is
>> coming up...
>
> Not to the article, but to the whole issue:
>
> http://eisner.decus.org/DECUServe/DECnotes/SECURITY/297.653.HTML

Thanks!

* Re: Arch your code runs on?
@ 2004-10-11 16:33 ` James Alan Farrell
From: James Alan Farrell @ 2004-10-11 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:15:08 -0400, Chris Humphries <chris@unixfu.net>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>	Just out of curiousity what arch, and, if
>  possible, what os does your code run on?

Sorry not to answer sooner - busy with a release.

I've seen most of the hardware/OSs I've used in the past, but one
missing item is the 1750.

I've had to program that thing on military AC when the military did
not want to upgrade the chips.  No OS - bareboard computer.

Done a lot with PowerPCs on VME backplanes.  VxWorks, LynxOS (now its
called linux of some form, but I forget their exact title).

James Alan Farrell