From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Linux Gazette: Call for Papers]
Date: 06 Nov 2004 06:26:56 +0000
Date: 2004-11-06T06:26:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> writes:

> Agreed.  Also, I read the license earlier today and I can assure you
> that reproducing works under this license is specifically allowed.
> The only encumberances I noticed were for paper copies, where for
> example the author's name has to be printed in as large a font as
> the title :)

Actually that's not for the _author_ (whose name does have to appear
on the outside), it's the _original publisher_ (I suppose that means
LG in this case).

   "Any publication in standard (paper) book form shall require the
   citation of the original publisher and author. The publisher and
   author's names shall appear on all outer surfaces of the book. On
   all outer surfaces of the book the original publisher's name shall
   be as large as the title of the work and cited as possessive with
   respect to the title."

So if I were to republish an article, it would look like

  Linux Gazette's "An Ada Spellchecker", by Joe Bloggs, published by
  Simon Wright publications.

with the LG citation as large as the title. Most odd.

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.