From: ncohen@watson.ibm.com (Norman H. Cohen)
Subject: Re: Ada NEWS -- Week Ending 7 Oct 1994
Date: 14 Oct 1994 14:28:43 GMT
Date: 1994-10-14T14:28:43+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <CxMAr6.EFD@odin.corp.sgi.com>, davemc@shindo.esd.sgi.com
(Dave McAllister) writes:

|> I personally like the 9X designation. In fact, I went 'on record' in 1992 at the
|> Ada/Australia conference that 9X should be left as the designation.
|>
|> If he products are solid and timely, why dump all the coverage hte 9X name has
|> today?

I've been telling non-Ada people about Ada 9X for years, only to be
dismissed with "Well, that's still a long way off."  (It was the same
reaction Bjarne Stroustrup objected to when he complained about people
treating the ANSI extensions to C++ as "science fiction.")  When I refer
instead to the features offered by Ada 94, people tend to take it more
seriously as a viable option and a tangible reality.  (The existence of
GNAT certainly helps in this regard!)

--
Norman H. Cohen    ncohen@watson.ibm.com