* GPS debugging problem
@ 2016-01-05 10:57 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-01-05 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I created a breakpoint in one of my programs.  The breakpoint is within an
if statement, at line 325. in the Edit Breakpoint window I can find this
breakpoint back as nr. 4. When running the program I  need to stop the
program only within that if statement. In fact the program stops at line 327
just outside the if statement and is presented in de debugging console as
nr. 4. What can I do solve this program, I already have recompiled the
program again by deleting the exe file. Even started GPS again. Delted the
breakpoints and posituoning them again. Nothing helps.

* Re: GPS debugging problem
@ 2016-01-06  9:05 ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2016-01-06  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would guess your code is compiled with full optimization (-O2 for instance), which is generally not a good idea when you need to debug. I would recommend using -O1 or even -O0 instead, and recompile at least that file

* Re: GPS debugging problem
@ 2016-01-06 11:26   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-01-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

My code is compiled with the no optimazation button is GPS activated.
In the meantime I found the following.:
In the if statement only one statement was positoned. because I was testing
if the program reached the part within the statement under the correct
circumstances. First I used the null statement, lateron a statement in te
form n := n; just to do somthing. Then I placed a second statement in the if
statement At that moment the brakpoint was reached under correctly.

schreef in bericht

@ 2019-11-29 14:23 L Dries
From: L Dries @ 2019-11-29 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following procedure that I a busy with degugging. I am
working in GPS. I want to see the value of Grid(X, Y).x_val and
Grid(X,Y).y_val
The problem in GPS is that I cannot set that element only the parameter
Grid which is not recognized as an record, possibly because it is
declared in another package.

    procedure On_OK(Object : access Gtk_Button_Record'Class) is
       pragma Unreferenced (Object);
       n_ch : integer;
    begin
       n_ch := choices(integer(Get_Active(Fill_Dialog.StrN_Combo)));
       Grid(X, Y).Fill := n_ch;
       Grid(X, Y).Status := manual;
       Set_Impossible(Grid(X, Y).x_val, Grid(X, Y).y_val);
       Make;
       On_Dialog_End(null);
    end On_OK;

What to do to see those values