From: Ian Douglas <ian@vionia.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie question # 2
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 12:45:04 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Thursday, 6 August 2020 21:20:15 UTC+2, Niklas Holsti  wrote:

> Ada does not have such a feature.

I figured as much, probably "unsafe programming practice" at the end of the day.

> In Ada, you, yourself, have to program the mapping from the name
> (string) to the variable. This can be as simple as an if-then-else cascade:

Yes, I was trying to avoid cascading Ifs or case statement :-)

In this case there are only 5 things so a case statement would be the quickest/easiest, but it would be good to have a better technique for when there are more.

Thanks, Ian