From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Newbie question # 2
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 22:10:49 +0100	[thread overview]

Ian Douglas <ian@vionia.com> writes:

> Okay that's a new construct I haven't come across yet. Let me see what
> I can dig up on that.

ARM 18.14 The Generic Package Containers.Indefinite_Ordered_Maps
http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/rm12_w_tc1/html/RM-A-18-14.html

which is like

A.18.6 The Generic Package Containers.Ordered_Maps
http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/rm12_w_tc1/html/RM-A-18-6.html

where almost all the operations are defined; the reason for the
Indefinite version is that the key and element types can be indefinite,
whih you probably wouldn't need if it wasn't that the key in my
suggestion is of type String, which is indefinite (i.e. you can have key
strings, or in your case names, of different lengths).

There's a discussion of maps in the Rationale for Ada 2005 section 8.3.
https://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/05rat/html/Rat-8-3.html