From: Daniel Way <p.waydan@gmail.com>
Subject: Configurable Run Time without GPR Tools
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 21:47:26 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-11-04T21:47:26-08:00	[thread overview]

I'm trying to write a motor control application running on an ARM Cortex-M0+. I've installed GNAT CE 2019 targeting arm-eabi and I can compile various test programs using the -I switch to specify a system.ads file.

To create an executable, I believe I will need an installed run time, but I find the way these are handled in GNAT to be confusing. I'd like to package all library sources in a project subfolder to make sharing everything easier, however, the deeply nested library structure that comes with GNAT is overwhelming.

- I'd like to know how others prefer to package the library with application code

- are the GPR tools absolutely necessary for building a run time, or is there another way to compile standard library packages?

Thank you,

Daniel Way