From: Keith Thompson <Keith.S.Thompson+u@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Please Share Ada -Freedos - Dos experiences
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:31:39 -0700	[thread overview]

Joakim Strandberg <joakimds@kth.se> writes:
[...]
> Another idea is to use the ObjectAda 7.0 compiler (free version) from
> 1996 that can be downloaded here:
> https://archive.org/details/ObjectAdaSE7
> It runs on Windows 95/98 but looking at the documentation for the
> ObjectAda compiler it says it is possible to use the compiler to
> create executables for DOS by using a DOS Extender. I haven't tried it
> but should be possbile to get working. Unfortunately there are
> limitations with the free version. One good thing is that it is
> possible to use tasks freely for creating a FreeDOS application but
> one must restrict one-self to Ada95 since the compiler is from 1996.
>
> There is a professional version of ObjectAda from 2002 that can be
> downloaded here:
> https://vetusware.com/download/ObjectAda%207.2.2%20Enterprise%207.2.2/?id=17315
> I've tested it and it works but the documentation no longer talks
> about being able to create executables for FreeDOS. Maybe it can still
> be used to make executables for FreeDOS?

I wonder if those are authorized copies.  I suspect they aren't.

Aonix no longer exists, but apparently its assets are now owned by PTC,
which still sells (a much newer version of) ObjectAda.
https://www.ptc.com/en/products/developer-tools/objectada

The copy on archive.org is of a CD whose label says "This edition of
ObjectAda is not licensed for development of commercial software.  This
CD may not be re-sold."  It does have an "All rights reserved" copyright
message.

(I worked for Aonix many years ago, but I have no current connection
with them or their successors.)

Will write code for food.